What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Machinenflak Photograph

Gspragge

Premium Member
A nice image, some good detail. They will be firing the tracer ammunition.

Attachments

• Machinenflak59.jpg
    Machinenflak59.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 88
Great image

Great image Gordon, and I have seen some nice images posted recently. These old pictures really do it for me especially WWI ordnance related..Dano

The only kind they could use

is the tracer, any of the PD types could land on their own positions and go off. (I suppose any one down wind of falling burnt out tracers might be annoyed as well) This was a universal problem. The British had 1 Pdrs. in use for AA by September/October 1914 and only had the PD ammunition, there were many complaints and no aircraft were hit. None of the German 37mm explosive munitions had a self destruct.

is the tracer, any of the PD types could land on their own positions and go off. (I suppose any one down wind of falling burnt out tracers might be annoyed as well) This was a universal problem. The British had 1 Pdrs. in use for AA by September/October 1914 and only had the PD ammunition, there were many complaints and no aircraft were hit. None of the German 37mm explosive munitions had a self destruct.

OK, I didn't know that.... The old adage that what goes up comes down.... I can see not using PD but tracer that came down would be unpleasant as well....