What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mails in!

I see what you are talking about...

Glenn,

I see it arrived by snail mail!

LOL

Mark:bigsmile:

My last package that I am expecting from England hit 93 days today since I PAID for it and still not here. I have gone from miffed on packages (75-85 days) to "totally pissed off" like I am on this last package. My god this is just freakin' crazy. My last order to England EVER. No offenense to anyone except the postal service as they suck a royal big one...Dano

Just the opposite with the US and Europe lately - you no longer get a choice and everything goes airmail. I recently sent three fuzes to the NL from MI and it took 5 days. Of course it cost $70.00...... I'd rather have the slow, cheap, anonymity of surface mail.

My last package that I am expecting from England hit 93 days today since I PAID for it and still not here. I have gone from miffed on packages (75-85 days) to "totally pissed off" like I am on this last package. My god this is just freakin' crazy. My last order to England EVER. No offenense to anyone except the postal service as they suck a royal big one...Dano

Don't forget that surface mail is sent by boat,and once it leaves the UK shores it's not Royal Mails problem!

From a postie!

The way I look at it is that you spend 15 years trying to find something for your collection so another 3 or 4 months on top of that for the postage isn't a problem...........just sit back and relax.
Dave.

The way I look at it is that you spend 15 years trying to find something for your collection so another 3 or 4 months on top of that for the postage isn't a problem...........just sit back and relax.
Dave.

I would echo Dave's comments. And not all surface parcels take that long. I sent one to CA in November and it only took 27 days, arriving in time for Christmas.

BD

I forget about stuff that I have ordered if it isn't here within a week, so months later I get a really nice suprise!

With all due respect, as ordnance collectors we all know the score when in comes to sending these items to other countries.
You either go Air Mail and recieve it in a few days and take your chances depending on where it is comming from i.e UK to US,, or you take the surface mail in which case you are more or less gauranteed it ,,,but it will take time to get delivered.
I have grenades sent to me regularly from US, sent by Air Mail through USPS and never had a problem yet, and send them to the US albeit in 2 packages srtipped down via RM and sent via air mail. The bottom line is, if your counrty states it is a banned item then be prepared to wait for it if you ask for it to be sent via surface mail, after all you are illeagilly importing a banned item and trying to work around the system to get it into the country undetected , true ?

whinge whinge whinge.. All said and done i.m going for a pint.

Regards Nick

Dano

It may not be the Royal Mail. I sent a parcel surface to Canada a while ago. It took about three weeks to cross the water then took about the same time within Canada to reach the destination. You may find your parcel has already been in the US for a considerable time.

This is why I always insist on sending international parcels as signed for, so that you can track them on the Royal Mail system. It's worth the extra 3.70p

John

Yep John, I'm afraid I was just "lashing out". Time was that surface mail from United Kingdom was from 1 month to 2 months tops. There is no doubt I will get my parcel, and of course I still will order from United Kingdom. I was having a bad way and just let it carry in my post which is kind of uncharacteristic for me. All apologies I hope are accepted. This could even be carry over from the postal strike. At any rate I am sorry that I wrote what I did. I guess part of it is what I have on order is a WW2 German sprenggranate rigle grenade and there is an empty space on my shelf next to the PZGR40 where I feel it belongs, and when I see that empty space I just get sad...Dano

Royal mail suck??

lol how dare you! ha ha

the only reason its takes so long is because your postman throw parcels and newspapers from bikes all over peoples front lawns smashing windows and hitting cats!!
Ive seen it on films like E.T.
Also,your postman dont know what parcels are anyway!! lol

royal mail my arse!:tinysmile_twink_t:

My postman is still wearing shorts. I am very proud

ha ha do you like postmen in shorts?:tinysmile_hmm_t:
i bet he doesnt throw mail through your windows like dano's does!! te he

only kidding dano!
But seriously everyone,dano HATES our Royal Mail!
:bigsmile:

Yep John, I'm afraid I was just "lashing out". Time was that surface mail from United Kingdom was from 1 month to 2 months tops. There is no doubt I will get my parcel, and of course I still will order from United Kingdom. I was having a bad way and just let it carry in my post which is kind of uncharacteristic for me. All apologies I hope are accepted. This could even be carry over from the postal strike. At any rate I am sorry that I wrote what I did. I guess part of it is what I have on order is a WW2 German sprenggranate rigle grenade and there is an empty space on my shelf next to the PZGR40 where I feel it belongs, and when I see that empty space I just get sad...Dano

No Need to apologise Dano. Surface mail is guaranteed to be frustrating or surprising. A few years ago I ordered two books from a shop in Colorado. They took 3 months to arrive but when they did they were in their own US mailbag which had a lock on it Houdini would have had problems with. I would suggest paying the extra for signed for delivery. You can at least track it and if the system says it's stuck in a depot in Des Moines for 3 weeks you can complain.

John

ha ha do you like postmen in shorts?:tinysmile_hmm_t:
i bet he doesnt throw mail through your windows like dano's does!! te he

only kidding dano!
But seriously everyone,dano HATES our Royal Mail!
:bigsmile:

No, he doesn't throw it through my windows. We live in a civilised country:tinysmile_tongue_t:.

He probably wouldn't hump all my stuff around on his bike if he knew what was in the boxes!

Post men in shorts? Yeah, they're ok. Dont like them the same way as my wife does mind.

postman-eat my shorts!

No, he doesn't throw it through my windows. We live in a civilised country:tinysmile_tongue_t:.

He probably wouldn't hump all my stuff around on his bike if he knew what was in the boxes!

Post men in shorts? Yeah, they're ok. Dont like them the same way as my wife does mind.

ha ha
hope dano doesnt mind us messing around!
were only kidding dano!
The post is anoying though,i'm very inpatient i cant wait for any length of time.
I'm like a big kid really.

Well it took a wee bit but it arrived.....unfortunately the postie expired....:cry:

Hello Glen, I have just sent you a PM. Please check your private messages, and respond to me as soon as possible. I have an important issue to speak with you about.

Regards, Steve
"Dr.Ruby"