What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Malta

hangarman

Well as I am sure most of you know , Malta GC was the most bombed place in WW2, subsequently there is still a lot of ordnance there. Of the places I visited I would say the National war Museum was the biggest and has Artillery, Ordnance ,Vehicles, a Gladiator and uniforms although the Malta at War museum has an excellent display of small arms and ordnance as well as some uniforms. Fort Rinella is excellent and has possibly the last remaining 100 ton gun in existence , you also have the opportunity to fire a 577/450 Martini Henry (Blank) for a small fee .DSCF9820.jpgDSCF9888.jpgDSCF9889.jpgDSCF9890.jpgDSCF9891.jpgDSCF9893.jpg
This is a 50kg bomb, outside my field, but well marked . I hope my pictures do it justice. its at the Malta Aviation Museum

Malta is another place I would like to visit. One of my Great Uncles was evacuated there in 1915, suffering from dysentery (`enteric fever') contracted in the Dardanelles campaign. He is still there, having died on 3rd October 1915, aged 20. One of my Uncles served there during the WW2 siege. Happily he survived.