What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Max' 2500kg

justin265

Gentleman,

New to this forum and need your help. So far I have been able to analyse that only 17 (near as damn it), 'Max' 2500kg were dropped up until May/June 1941 by 111 Gruppe/ 26 Kampf (Excuse spelling). Only two pilots of the Gruppe were allowed to drop the thing! My question is, during the Mini- Blitz of Jan 44 to Mar 44, the HE-177 was the only aircraft deemed capable of dropping the 'Max' (it could carry two), no HE-111 (I might be wrong) took part in the Mini-Blitz) or none that were capable of carrying the Max. What I would like to know is, how many 'Max's' were dropped during this period. My sources of information are quite good until June 41 but become generalized after that.
Difficult question to start the forum going but I know that there are people out there who might be able to help me,

Many thanks,

Justin