What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal detecting find - possible ordnance?

chopper

Hello again guys. This afternoon I was metal detecting again, and come across this object. The place were it was found is a former WW2 practice range, so I'm wondering if this is anything ordnance related.

It's approx 3" x 2"

Thanks in advance,
Chopper :)

although your item at first glance does not appear to be ordnance related (possibly part of a target NOT 100% confirmed id) i would like to say metal detecting on former ww2 ranges is a dangerous practice and not one recomemnded or condoned by BOCN.If you find anything and even suspect it may be just a component of ordnance,,leave it where it is dont touch it,,take clear note of its exact location and call the authorities (police)..even parts of exploded ordnance can still contain traces of substances which can cause injury...
Leave it to us that clear these areas officially .
Please take a few minutes to accuaint yourselves with the bocn rules and guidelines which can be found in more than one location throughout the bocn website
This link will take you to the rules and guidelines which are posted at the top of the introduce yourself section http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/34459-Please-read-before-posting-on-bocn-forums

Thanks Spotter... duely noted.

I've cleaned the piece up, and discovered it's made of brass. Does anyone have any idea what it may be from?

Thanks in advance :)

FRONT

BACK

SIDE