What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MG 151 15mm case ???

christhurston

Premium Member
Hello All,
I have a rimless bottleneck cartridge case that is 15mm x 96mm,rim diameter is 25mm and the headstamps from 12 clockwise are CA,15b,40 and a small hard to describe logo with 104 in it.I'm not geared up to send pictures yet I'm afraid,but any ideas from my less than graphic description?

Chris

Mg 151

Yes, you have a Mauser MG151 case made in 1940.

The small logo is the Waffenamt stamp, the German military acceptance mark, and is a stylised eagle with the inspector's number underneath (in this case Inspector Wa104).

That is just a brief summary, others I am sure will provide you with more detail.

Regards
TonyE

The pic below (from the Ammo Photo Gallery on my website) shows you what a complete 15x96 HE round looks like.

WW2aircart1.jpg

Mg 151

Hello Tony, Many thanks for all the info,it could well be someones Battle of Britain souvenir then!!!

I'm waiting for the postman to bring me Ian Hogg's book on British Artillery published in 1972,when I've received that,several of your much more recent publications are next on the list!!!

Regards Chris.

Mg 151

Sorry for mixing up my Tony's!!! I usually have trouble with Chris's, there are two of us at this end and many dealers etc also Chris.

Not a BoB souvenir then,I was thinking 1940 of course,oh well,at least I know what it is now.

Chris.