What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MG34NZs MG34's

MG34NZ

dave83's MG08 post inspired me to share these with you, I set them up for some display pics recently.
Both are live MG34s that are Russian Capture examples,one dot43 the other dot44 , one is all matching with the exception of the bakerlite butt, the other is a mixture of parts with electro pencil renumbering ,still a nice gun all the same.
Enjoy

Best Regards
MG34NZ

Attachments

• IMGP0498 (Custom).JPG
    IMGP0498 (Custom).JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMGP0499 (Custom).JPG
    IMGP0499 (Custom).JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMGP0502 (Custom).JPG
    IMGP0502 (Custom).JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMGP0504 (Custom).JPG
    IMGP0504 (Custom).JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 69
Realy Nice

Realy nice Guns in good conditions i like it and the other items also realy nice the Panzerfaust is also a original one or its repainted or a new one it looks great !!

How are the rules in NZ is it allowed to have a MG in firering conditions or all of the MG must be deactivated like in Germany ???

Regards David

Hi Dave , The PZF is an original ground dug one I restored myself, there was no original finish left on the tube and required a lot of filler to get it back into a respectable condition.I also have a PZF60 and PZF30 klien, I love my German ordanance and ordanance related items !
In NZ we can have live MGs provided we have a special collectors licence that requires excellent security for the guns and police back ground checks on the licence holder, there is no provision to use the guns held on a collectors licence as they are collectors items only, we at least do not have to deactivate them. There are circumstances where thay can be used with a theatrical licence and firing blank ammunition only, for public demonstrations or film making, reenactor groups make use of this and put on some great displays.
Regards
Andrew MG34NZ

Last edited:
i settle over to NZ !!!

realy thats sounds good i think i settle over to NZ when its allowd there to have MG in firering conditions than i would reactivate my MG 08 !:tinysmile_fatgrin_t
The original gun barrel of my gun is laying on the police its not allowed for me to have it at home !!:tinysmile_cry_t4:

The PZFs realy nice and you did a perfect restoring job on this this PZF looks like new one respekt !!!

Regards David

dave83's MG08 post inspired me to share these with you, I set them up for some display pics recently.
Both are live MG34s that are Russian Capture examples,one dot43 the other dot44 , one is all matching with the exception of the bakerlite butt, the other is a mixture of parts with electro pencil renumbering ,still a nice gun all the same.
Enjoy

Best Regards
MG34NZ

Hi MG34NZ
Great collection – I realise this is an old thread but thought the following may be of interest to someone following

An MG34 was captured in SVN early 1970 that I can personally testify was in perfect operational condition for some 20 minutes before. At the start of the contact you could immediately hear its distinctive sound, much faster and deeper than the M60 our grunts used and something I hadn't heard before.

When we examined it side by side with a M60 it was like comparing a Mercedes with a VW. The feed mechanism design for the M60 was obviously copied but not the engineering. I also liked the two stage trigger which provided an easy switch, semi to auto, just by moving your finger with your eye remaining on target

The gun was belt fed but also had a bagged spare barrel and spare top receiver cover which looked a bit different to the one fitted and although it was well used was in perfect condition after some 30 years of use and was probably used against the French or even Japanese before we came along. I never came across another in my time in country and was personally very glad I didn't.
Cheers Pete