What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Odyssey DETLING

Not for me squire as its an awful long way and funds are currently a bit low.
Im one of the best men at my pals wedding today so i wont be in much of a state to travel tomorrow.:xd:
Im sure my buddy Satan18 maybe going to Detling though.

waff

Im one of the best men at my pals wedding today so i wont be in much of a state to travel tomorrow.:xd:

waff

I will be going on sunday for a browse and a chat:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

I would have liked to have gone as i wanted to visit and get some bits from Fjordhouse stall but the cam belt on my car snapped, so no car:tinysmile_cry_t3: and no bits:tinysmile_cry_t4:. Looks like new car.:tinysmile_cry_t4:

Last edited:
well yesterday me and Big Dave set off for detling at 5am and didnt get home untill 9-10pm-ish a long day and drive but worth it.thoughts about detling..i recomend it,,,although smaller i actually prefered it to beltring ,,it was not as crowded and the atmosphere was more relaxed,,you could actually look at stuff without fighting your way through crowds,met several bocn members and madbombers and fjordhouses hospitality was top class as usual,Bought myself some nice items,and Bigdave as moved into the collecting area of box-ology which was usefull as i stashed my stuff in his ammo crate instead of carrying it around with me....
so my plans for next years shows,well beltring will be a no goer,in future ill be doing detling only

Hi Spot ,couldnt agree more and i will let you off with the mickey taking about my box ,its cleaned and the pics will be on soon ,Dave

What a great day out,,,met up with with a few of the members, ( nice to be able to put a face to a name ) Spotter said it all,, nice and easy walking round nor need to stampede anywhere ,, only me for the burger van :)

Thanks for the hospitality Ben and Jack,,,top class hosts.
I Don't want any more shnapps,,,,,ever!
And how much of the sauce did you use ??? mwaaahhahahhahahaha.

Best
Regards
Nick

I didnt take many photos and non of ordnance as was basically same stuff what was at beltring but heres a the few i did take

Attachments

• DSC00074.jpg
    DSC00074.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00075.jpg
    DSC00075.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC00076.JPG
    DSC00076.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00078.jpg
    DSC00078.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00079.jpg
    DSC00079.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 30
and the lastr few,,note the french mg Chauchatt ???? no wonder this thing was prone to jamming ,nice holes for dirt to get into

Attachments

• DSC00080.JPG
    DSC00080.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00081.jpg
    DSC00081.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00082.JPG
    DSC00082.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00083.JPG
    DSC00083.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 21
the 4th picture along in the first set of pic's is of a MG13 is'nt it?

I remember in mid 90's these could be picked up for around 150 -200.00

yes justin it is me and bigdave had the same discussion yesterday about how cheap they were in the 90s,,and where are they all now,ive not seen one for sale since

They were conversions of a earlier model, box magazine fed, and I remember the adverts saying they were used in the DFS gliders, I have not seen once since either!

Hi Justin i think if my memory serves me right they were released by the Portugese Army and were marked with there creast , they also released a load of mags ,anti-aircraft sights ,etc with them regards Dave

I would have been better off buying one rather than wasting the money I had at the time on Hooch and Stella!

waff

I went today Sunday old pal and came away with a few Gems and a few pounds heavier after having breakfast with Fjordhouse and Madbomber:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Cheers guys

Best phil

Just back from Detling, was good fun, found some small items, nice clean place, pepperwodka was good, the chillysause of Jeeensy was hot like hell, were did you make it from? unbelievebel the next morning i was still thanking Jeeensy, thanks everybody, was nice to be there and meet up with several guys from BOCN. Ben