What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Odyssey DETLING

Detling 2009

I have made an album with pictures about this show, please go to fjordhouse on bocn and go to albums. Ben

Attachments

• detling 006.jpg
    detling 006.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 42
That picture is a proper rogues gallery! :xd:
looks like you lads had a great time,im very envious.
Will catch up with most of you lads at Stoneleigh hopefully?

cheers

waff

This was my first Detling and it was great to meet Spotter and Dave on Saturday. Great t-shirts - I want one! According to the people I was with, attendance seemed down on last year and yesterday was so quiet many traders started to pack up after lunch. The weather was fine with the odd cloudy period but it was dry thoughout.

Thanks to Dave and Spotter for the tip off about the Mills levers. I eventually got 8. I also bought a set of engineering 'taps' made specifically to recut threads on Mills Bombs. One for the base and two sizes for the filler holes. Not something I expected to find there.

John

Last edited:
Hi John it was good to meet on Saturday and glad you got some of the levers ,a bargain at a 1 a piece ,Spotter and i had a really good day , even though it was 16 hours long ,met a few members and picked up a few bits .Hope you enticed a few customs to part with some money regards Dave

After meeting you guys the next most memorable thing was explaining to at least three people how diskushandgrenates worked! It was the favourite question that day. Sunday was better for our tent, but on Monday, nobody seemed to be buying. Good experience for me though. Next year is already booked. See you there. John