What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mills Arrived at Last

commachio

Premium Member
First image is a WW2 No36 1942 Mills from Anzio Beach Head. Repro filler cap but the rest is good (managed to source original parts else where).

Second is a complete MINT No36 1972 from ROF (P). This is covered in its original phosphor bronze coating and has been sealed away in it packaging until I opened it the other day.

More to follow once I've opened them.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• 1942_mk36.jpg
    1942_mk36.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 1972_mk36.jpg
    1972_mk36.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 54
Nice grens buddy.
Did you have to do much work on the Anzio gren? It looks pretty good. Was it a dug one?
Andy

Many thanks. The Anzio one I believe was not dug based on the condition it was it. It was rusted in many areas but still in a relatively good condition. I merely soaked it for a few days in a mixture of WD40 and thin engine oil giving it a light brush. There were a few hard 'rusticles' that needed some gentle pursuading to leave :tinysmile_classes_t.

Used a wire brush (for a suede shoe) and some wire wool once I'd finished the earlier oil soak and its come up a real treat.

I'm now working on a 1917 No5 which appears in pretty poor shape but we'll see.

First image is a WW2 No36 1942 Mills from Anzio Beach Head. Repro filler cap but the rest is good (managed to source original parts else where).

Second is a complete MINT No36 1972 from ROF (P). This is covered in its original phosphor bronze coating and has been sealed away in it packaging until I opened it the other day.

More to follow once I've opened them.

Enjoy.

I take it that the sealed '72 Mills 36 was minus the filler plug too when you got it?

Correct....this was added later. I am currently sourcing the exact one but added the brass on merely to complete the 'look'

Very nice Mills commachio, I really like the one from Anzio. It is always nice to get a bit of history with your collection. Would like to see pic of #5 when it arrives, well done....Dano