What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mills detonator in need of restoration

Fragman

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Hi. Ive just picked up this mills det in need of restoration. Whilst its caked in calcium, the copper det looks good underneath. Its obviously a drill det, as it has a hole on each side at the end and another in the end itself. The det cord is wrapped in what looks like yellow painted canvass. Unfortunately the only other drill detonators I have are New Zealand made ones, and they look nothing like this one.

Anyone one know what era this det came from and the type of anvil it should be married up with?

Cheers

Attachments

• mills det.jpg
    mills det.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 66
Here are 2 of my Copper Drill dets, have a look at the end of the det tube and see if it has a hole there, if it has then its the same as the ones in the picture, these are marked Drill in one side of the anvil and III on the other, dated 41 ,,,,,,,, Dave

HPIM6946.jpg

Hi Mike, That would be great. I'll drop you an email. The det has cleaned up nicely. Cheers

Attachments

• mills det.jpg
    mills det.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 22
on the subject of drill dets heres one i got recently which has quite a long neck. anyone seen this type before? its stamped DRILL III.
cheers, paul.

Attachments

• long neck drill det.jpg
    long neck drill det.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 29
  • sectioned JPS mills 7.jpg
    sectioned JPS mills 7.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 21