What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mills grenade box project

Christoff

I thought I'd post some images of my WW 1 Mills grenade box project that I've been working on over the last few weeks.

I'd also like to thank those members who helped me with the spec on the detonators, detonator tin & block.

More to follow

Christoff

Gren-box-02.jpg

Gren-box-03.jpg

Gren-box-07.jpg

Gren-box-04.jpg

that looks superb, i have the pplans and repro sticker set to do one but havent as yet had the time!

Hi I too am looking to make one do you now where i can get a copy of the plans.
Cheers
Andy

Thanks chaps .

You can buy the plans & labels from the this website http://www.tommyspackfillers.com/contact.htm

Beware that there are one or two mistakes on the plans. I've passed these issues onto the owner of the company, who may have sorted the problems by now .

Christoff

More images to follow later

Last edited:
Well done Chris that tin looks good i bet you are pleased with that and thanks for showing it. i have my plans sorted and will soon have a go.
Andy

Yes it was just right well done it looks good have you made the wood block to go in the tin?
Andy

I had one made by a professional cabinet maker, as my skills wouldn't stretch me that far

Hand not included

detblock.jpg

Christoff

Believe or not I've actually made some dummy ones....I know this is sounding more like Blue Peter by the minute :tinysmile_hmm_t:

I nearly said that when you put a pic up of the tin i thought better not lol you will have to show us one.
Andy

Thats realy good and will do as a stand in until you can get the real thing i have made them in the past useing brake pipe and boot lace.
Cheers
Andy