What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mills Grenade Vest.

Bullet Mick

Hello ive had this some time i got it about four years ago, i was just wondering if they are origional or if they are reproduction as there seems to be loads of them knocking about for sale on the net at the moment. This one is dated 1918. Cheers Mick.

PICT2232.jpgPICT2230.jpg

I think they are American from WW1 & probably genuine as they never seem to make more than about 15 when sold & I don't think anyone would bother with making repros . I'm sure one of our US members could tell you more.

Those vests have been readily available in Canada for many years and there is no doubt in my mind that they are real. They are nice items for the grenade collector but don't seem to be in any great demand so I agree that there isn't any motivation to reproduce them.

Looks perfectly correct to me. They are First War US vests for the French/US VB rifle grenades. Apparently they made thousands, because you can find them at nearly any gun and milataria show for $10-40 @

Keith