What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mills grenade

Maybe its not a date but the designation of the grenade ie - "GRENADE HAND No44" All the 2ww british mills have No36m Mk1 stamped on the base plug as standard so mayebe this is the case here???
Cheers, Paul.

It's a nice thought Paul, but in the history of the Isreali forces this is probably No1. It certainly is their first home made grenade. Prior to the late 40's they were buying arms smuggled out of Europe and elsewhere even whilst the war was going on. Amazing.

John

i have just bought this very grenade, not one the same, the very grenade.got it of gunstar website for 30 inc postage,small world..
That is an Isreali copy of the Mills 36. Made by Isreali secret factories to use against the British. They often have copy levers and strikers (I've never seen an original lever). The baseplug, centrepiece and filler screws do not fit Mills grenades. Expect to pay 35 for a good one, less for one in poor condition. They seem to average about 28.

John

Im putting this picture here as many years ago a grenade collector from Israel contacted through my website, he had many strange grenades in his collection as the picture shows, if your the owner of this collection please get in touch with me, i lost your email when i had a hard drive fail. Dave.

Molotov 2 isreli.jpg My grens isreli.jpg

So is this a practice or a live grenade?,the original photo from 3 years ago are the same photos that were used on gunstar a cuple of weeks ago when i purchest it,all the tiny paint spots n all.i dont know much about grenades, russian and german firearms are my thing,but there is somthing about grenades that makes them so interesting.. this one has 44 on the base and a star on the front.the spoon looks to stick out to far from the body and looks to new .i have tried to take the photos from page one of this link but dont think it has worked:tinysmile_angry2_t:
hi this the only info i can get right now but There is a 5 pointed star on the front of the grenade, but no other markings

cheers