What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mine A/P No5 Mk1 info.

Bullet Mick

Hello ive aquired this container for Mines A/P No5 Mk1 it is dated 1944. Ive found some information about these type of mines but cannot find any pics or drawings. If anyone has any pics of these mines to look at i would be very greatful Cheers Mick.

PICT2207.jpgPICT2206.jpg

You might be interested to know that the No 5 AP mine was one of the devices produced by MD1 better known as Winston Churchill's Toyshop. It was originally designated Mine 'M' HE after the inventor Stuart Macrae. The mines, being made of cardboard, are uncommon to say the least but your packing cylinder is likely an even rarer survivor.

I picked it up at the local flee market in Doncaster paid about 6 for it didnt know what mines they were but liked it and bought it to add to the collection. Cheers Mick.

Hi Mick, Have finally found my tubes for the practice Mines.

The end caps are a bit tats but the tube ends are still quite clear.

Attachments

• Web AP Mine tube 001.jpg
    Web AP Mine tube 001.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Web AP Mine Tube 002.jpg
    Web AP Mine Tube 002.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Web AP Mine Tube 003.jpg
    Web AP Mine Tube 003.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Web AP Mine Tube 004.jpg
    Web AP Mine Tube 004.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Web AP Mine Tube 005.jpg
    Web AP Mine Tube 005.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Web AP Mine Tube 006.jpg
    Web AP Mine Tube 006.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 49
Thanks for showing Richard great tubes its a shame a dont have a cap for mine but will keep looking. Cheers Mick.

Its a long shot but does anyone have a spare cap for a transport tube for the No 5 AP mine ? Also does anyone have any info on the box that these tubes fitted into ?
Cheers
Gary