What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minenwerfer Fuze - Which Minenwerfer?

MikeS0000

Hello Folks -

Found this (I believe) minenwerfer fuze that has been made into trench art. Wondered if anyone could tell which type it was used in.

Hasn't arrived yet, but it looks to be stamped: LWMZdrs and TKD 1917.

Thanks and Best Regards! Mike

Attachments

• minen-1.jpg
    minen-1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 72
  • minen-2.jpg
    minen-2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 52
light minenwerfer fuze

Hi Mike, That is fuze for light 76mm Minenwerfer, nice piece of trench art...Dano

Thanks Dano!

Yes, it does double duty and doesn't looks as if it has been altered too much. Will have to see what the rifle projectiles are. It would be nice if the were 8mm Mauser.

- Best regards! Mike

similrar Minenwerfer fuze

Hi Mike, My light Minenwerfer fuze has the same markings as yours T.K.D. 1917 etc., but is solid brass. I don't know why some were solid brass and some were not? Any ideas anyone? The left side fuze is for heavier Minenwerfer and one on right is for 76mm light..Dano

Attachments

• Picture 165.jpg
    Picture 165.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 30
That depended on the metals they had on stock. Maybe your brass one is from january 1917 and the zinc one from november 1917 because they ran out of metals like copper etc.

That depended on the metals they had on stock. Maybe your brass one is from january 1917 and the zinc one from november 1917 because they ran out of metals like copper etc.
Thanks Jens, That makes total sense as was with the case of the m1916 percussion igniter ones made in late 1916 were of brass, and the ones made in early 1917 had no brass...Dano

Thanks Gentlemen!

There is actually a Medium Minenwerfer in a park in a nearby village. Unfortunately it has not been well cared for, but it is still interesting to have 'the real thing' to clamor over and around.

- Best regards! Mike

On your pic !!

Hi Mike, My light Minenwerfer fuze has the same markings as yours T.K.D. 1917 etc., but is solid brass. I don't know why some were solid brass and some were not? Any ideas anyone? The left side fuze is for heavier Minenwerfer and one on right is for 76mm light..Dano

Dear Dano on your pic with your two mortar fuzes i can see that on your l.m.w.z the detonator is still there please take care my friend that he is empty otherwise it will be dangerous !!

wbr David

empty

Definately empty David, I do appreciate the heads up though. It strips to the bone. I am extremely careful that all my stuff is INERT. Anything I show on here is inert. Best..Dano

good my friend

Definately empty David, I do appreciate the heads up though. It strips to the bone. I am extremely careful that all my stuff is INERT. Anything I show on here is inert. Best..Dano

than i am satisfied i dont want that you are losing your hands !!

best wishes to you

wbr David

Thanks Dano!

Yes, it does double duty and doesn't looks as if it has been altered too much. Will have to see what the rifle projectiles are. It would be nice if the were 8mm Mauser.

- Best regards! Mike

They are 7.92mm (8mm to you colonials) German S bullets.

Regards
TonyE