What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MK III Limpet

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
I am looking for good external images of the UK MK III limpet. Not the "CLAM" version, but the round MK III. Amazingly I can't find anything really good external shots.

Thanks,

Joe

Yes, but I need some good high quality pictures. That .RU site is really nice, and I've used it before.
I was hoping someone had one they could post some pictures of. I need a good straight on shot, a good side shot and one of the bottom.

Joe

thats interesting the dutch must of had these in their stores if they appear in training manuals.were these ex british stores or did the dutch manufacture their own.
looking at the dutch markings date appears to be 1959

Here are pictures of the one I have in my collection. It is a Mk.4, but as far as I can tell, it is identical to the Mk.III on the exterior.

Attachments

• 3998 (1) Mine, Limpet Mk.4 Drill - Training.jpg
    3998 (1) Mine, Limpet Mk.4 Drill - Training.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 3998 (2).jpg
    3998 (2).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 18
thats interesting the dutch must of had these in their stores if they appear in training manuals.were these ex british stores or did the dutch manufacture their own.
looking at the dutch markings date appears to be 1959
The lot number MRP 59-2P means that in 1959 the Limpet is renovated by the Munitie Renovatie Compagnie (Ammunition Renovation Company). So I think we never made them in the Netherlands, but only renovated older British limpets.