What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mo 81 mm Illuminating M301

Yodamaster

Ordnance approved
Hello everybody,
should somebody can help me with documentation, reference, pictures, technical drawings,... about the (USA) 81 mm Illuminating M301 A1, A2, A3,... ?

Thanks in advance

Yoda

Yoda,

Here are the data sheets. What do you need in the way of photos?

Attachments

• M301-1B.JPG
    M301-1B.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 44
  • M301-2B.JPG
    M301-2B.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 19
Thanks Hazord,
If it exists, cutaway pics or photos of different parts of the projectile.
Our problem (!?) is the second parachute (that we can seen on M1 and M2, sure!) who is attached on the tail. Why did it exists ? What is his necessity ?

Yoda

Sorry I don't have a sectioned round. Are you sure that the assembly you are seeing is a second parachute, or could it be a wrap or container for the main chute, to get it extended before it opens?

Sorry I don't have a sectioned round. Are you sure that the assembly you are seeing is a second parachute, or could it be a wrap or container for the main chute, to get it extended before it opens?

Yes, there are two parachutes. Here's another drawing where you can see them. :questionmark: Sorry, but it is not exceptionnal quality of drawing !
The second one seems to be attached on the tail.

Yoda

Attachments

• Mo 81mm M301A1-01.jpg
    Mo 81mm M301A1-01.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 33
Never mind, I found it. Have you checked in the other TMs? TM 43-0001-28 etc? I may have some earlier versions at home of the of the TM you are using, I can check this evening/weekend and see if there is more detail. The current pub has pretty much nothing, as you've seen.

Never mind, I found it. Have you checked in the other TMs? TM 43-0001-28 etc? I may have some earlier versions at home of the of the TM you are using, I can check this evening/weekend and see if there is more detail. The current pub has pretty much nothing, as you've seen.

It's the only publication I can use momently. We have looking in other books, but it's always bad drawings and uncompleted explications.

Yoda

Yoda,

It might appear that there are two chutes in the drawing, but there is only one label that says parachute. By the way, that is the oldest version of the M301 with the WWII style tail fin.