What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Model 1916 German nickelwerfer

Here is something that came in todays post I think is interesting, well at least different. It is a German M1916 Granatenwerfer projectile (inert, empty and no propellant cartridge) that for one reason or another has been nickel plated (plating is very old). My guess is a vet "bring back" that was nickel plated after it was brought home. The projectile has an N a 15 and a 3 stamped on body(Only one I have seen with markings). My intent was to paint it back to feldgrau but am having second thoughts as I kind of like it as is. Opinions???? Dano

Attachments

• Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 56
I would try to have the plating removed an aged bare metal finish is better than what it has now. And the value would increase.

skate

Well, being a man of little patience I took the easy way out "paint job"........Dano

Attachments

• Picture 042.jpg
    Picture 042.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Picture 041.jpg
    Picture 041.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 29
Colour looks remarkably correct, I was worried about paint sticking to the shiny surface and if paint chips you see the nickel colour. But it seems to have worked out well.
You might handle it a bit after eating a pizza to give it that aged handled look ~

hey dano
fantastic werfer mate!
looks superb after you painted it!
makes my finless relic look,well abit naked!
Regards

Thanks guys. That is rust-oleum camo OD which remarkable resembles feldgrau. For 5.00 a can it should spray itself. It did stick to nickel plating remarkably well.....Dano