What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

more mines

25thapril

heres a few pic's of other mines I have would love a correct identification on the brown plastic one I have been told that it is Eygptian but would love to know for sure
Regards Daryl

Attachments

• eygptian mine.jpg
    eygptian mine.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 73
  • eygptian mine 2.jpg
    eygptian mine 2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 73
  • US AT mine.jpg
    US AT mine.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 63
  • US at mine top.jpg
    US at mine top.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 57
  • US apers mines.jpg
    US apers mines.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 77
  • UK bar mine.jpg
    UK bar mine.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Bar mine markings.jpg
    Bar mine markings.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 55
Mine ID

Can you post a side view photo of the mine and provide some measurements and information such as number of fuze wells, secondary wells, markings, etc.

It was produced in egypt under license of italy. The italian one is the SACI-54 serie the egeptian designation is unkwon

SACI 54 AT Mine

I looked the SACI 54 Series of AT Mines in Janes and according to the write up Egypt produced the SACI 54/7 with a 7kg main charge under licence and designated it B Mk 1.

The attached diagram is from Janes.

Attachments

• Egypt B Mk 1.jpg
    Egypt B Mk 1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 42
SACI is an obsolete minimum-metal Anti-Tank (AT) blast mine that has been manufactured in several variants. The specifications given below are for the SACI 54/7, which was copied by Egypt as the B Mk 1. The mines have a Bakelite casing in the shape of an inverted truncated cone, which is filled with TNT. This is covered by a dished plate in which there are three evenly spaced threaded fuze wells; a variant has different sized threads and an additional central well. Beneath each of the wells is a cylindrical booster with a central cavity to accept a stab-sensitive detonator. Two types of fuzes were made (see diagram), both using strikers retained by circular shear disks encapsulated in thin plastic domes; one type also has a striker spring. The fuzes are covered by a pressure plate, which may either be thin Bakelite with three prominent ribs, or hard rubber with a raised cruciform shape. The mine has 2 auxiliary fuze wells, one in the base and one in the side. A rope carrying handle is attached through lugs near the base and a retaining strap is sometimes present across the pressure plate. The majority of the casing is the brown colour of unpainted Bakelite.

Specifications

Weight
8.23 kg
Diameter
282 mm
Explosive weight
7 kg
Height
205 mm
Explosive type
TNT
Operating pressure
100-200 kg (estimated)

General information
Used in
Jordan, Nicaragua, Somalia
Emplacement
Manual
Detectability
Difficult to detect with minimum-metal fuze
Anti-handling
Yes; auxiliary fuze wells in side and base
Blast resistance
Susceptible to overpressure
Cross reference
Also produced in Egypt as the B Mk 1.

Attachments

• p0056017.jpg
    p0056017.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 36
  • p0056018.jpg
    p0056018.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 31
I have one of these that I bought off evilbay a few years back, but it appears that I'm missing the pressure plate to rest on top of the fuzes.

Would anyone have a spare pressure plate by chance?

Here are the fuzes used by SACI 54/B Mark I, the S.1 and the AC 52.

Ciao
stecol

Attachments

• S1_01.gif
    S1_01.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 28
  • AccenditoreAC52_01.jpg
    AccenditoreAC52_01.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 22
  • AccenditoreAC52_03.jpg
    AccenditoreAC52_03.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 22