What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More new arrivals

gothica7

Premium Member
Hi again,

3 Mills plugs also arrived today, first one is a rather worn but rare 'Dummy for Throwing Practice' No 5 plug. Its made from aluminium, dated 11/probably 16, made by J Gibbons. I like it as its been well used and i hope trained many a soldier in the art of grenade throwing.
The next is another No5, quite a scarce one, made by Morum & Co and was used for trialling the No5 as a rifle gren, dated 1916.
The third one is most interesting as its a No 23, made by H Hope & Sons and dated 8/16. Unusual in that its an iron plug, lightly copper washed/plated and looks like its a Mk 11. However this just could be a mistake in production as it would be an early Mk 11. I do know that some makers made Mk 11 plugs that were very similar to the Mk 1.

Andy

Attachments

• Picture455.jpg
    Picture455.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture456.jpg
    Picture456.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Picture457.jpg
    Picture457.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 23
Nice items Andy, I particularly like the No 5 throwing practice one, quite scarce I should think. Tony.