What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mortar Fuze - Help please.

Millsman

Premium Member
Can anyone identify this fuze for me please? It is around 74mm high, 50mm wide at the base, has a thread about 38mm dia and there is a chrome button on the side. I has a small green pull tag attached to the spiral wire.

Thanks

John

Attachments

• unknown fuze.jpg
    unknown fuze.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 32
M 525 PD Fuze

I think what you have is an "Ordtec" copy of the american mortar fuze M525.
see attached-familiar ?

Attachments

• M525 PD fuze.jpg
    M525 PD fuze.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for the quick response. The fuze has no markings but is very well made. Why copy? Is the original US or UK?

Thanks

John

M52 or M525 are very similar I think the same series, But it was copied by several countrys, Warsaw's included

Thanks Chris, Yes the same but with no numbering at all. Factory production line reject or foreign, possibly?

John

Thanks for the quick response. The fuze has no markings but is very well made. Why copy? Is the original US or UK?

Thanks

John
Any good idea gets copied John and the same applies to fuzes as no real effort needs to be put into the developement and testing of the fuze if you copy someone else's-they have done all the research and developement for you.

The one I had was a direct copy of the American fuze and was possibly going to be exported !

There were skip fulls of these fuzes just taken for scrap with a few going unnoticed in a corner of the building (thank goodness) that is where this one came from.