What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mortar fuze without markings ID.

trrrr

Help ID this fuze. Was fuzed in mortar identical to 1ww German Leichte Sprengmine 16(E). On fuze sides no any markings, only on fuze bottom sides. On bought sides just markings CDEGH Z. Which country marked fuzes like this?
DSC04650.JPGDSC04649.JPG

Hello,

I know a fuze with exactly the same shape (with a different base) for Ww1 german bombs ; it's an all ways fuze with delay (powder)
As far as I know LSprM were dropped too so this fuze could be a version made for 7.58 LsprM.

Very interesting item, could you post other pictures with details ?

Regards.

German bomb fuze ww1.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting all ways fuze drawing. Shape is very similar, but construction different.
DSC04660.jpgDSC04661.jpgDSC04662.jpgDSC04663.jpg

DSC04656.JPGDSC04657.JPGDSC04658.JPGDSC04659.JPGDSC04664.JPG

Last edited:
The letters remind me of Skoda fuzes.
But this one I have never seen before.
Bob

Attachments

• ICE-jv1-70-3.JPG
    ICE-jv1-70-3.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 22
  • ICE-jv1-70-7.JPG
    ICE-jv1-70-7.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 38
As far as I know LSprM were dropped too so this fuze could be a version made for 7.58 LsprM.

I think this is a very interesting option
Here is an example of a German 25 cm s. Spr. M. fitted with fins and used as a bomb. (Note the bomb fuze)

Attachments

• bomb2.jpg
    bomb2.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 53
I think this is a very interesting option
Here is an example of a German 25 cm s. Spr. M. fitted with fins and used as a bomb. (Note the bomb fuze)

Hello Pascal,

The fuze on the 25 SprM used as a bomb is different. It's the same steel fuze used on the Puw 50.

I'm quite sure the fuze shown by trrr is for a 7.6cm dropped. I saw such a round with a tail screwed in place of the brass primer on the base.

Regards

Pictures of a 25cm

DSCN0912.jpgDSCN0914.jpg

Last edited:
Mortar with fuze was found near munition storage area,primer wasnot hit. Base looks like normal for mortar. Nothing special,only unusual fuze for that mortar.

That found in Latvia,but country will not give so much.There can be a lot of different countries munition. For example,the same area was found U.S.A 37 mm projectile dated approx. 1ww era.

Note the bomb fuze

Hello Pascal,

The fuze on the 25 SprM used as a bomb is different. It's the same steel fuze used on the Puw 50.

I'm quite sure the fuze shown by trrr is for a 7.6cm dropped. I saw such a round with a tail screwed in place of the brass primer on the base.

Hello Sebastien,

I was just pointing the fact that on this kind of "bomb", the fuze in not the one usually found on this type of projectile when it is used as a trench mortar.

Regards