What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mortar ID request

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
I'm sure that this one has been discussed before, but I cannot find the thread. 60mm, for whatever reason I am thinking Danish and TAMMS, but that may be way off. It has a filling that smells strongly of mothballs - naphthalene. Anyone recognize? Looking for country and model. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 37
I'm sure that this one has been discussed before, but I cannot find the thread. 60mm, for whatever reason I am thinking Danish and TAMMS, but that may be way off. It has a filling that smells strongly of mothballs - naphthalene. Anyone recognize? Looking for country and model. Thanks.
Looks the same as images I have labelled as a Finnish (Tampella) TAM 1.8 long-range bomb. I don't have an image of the TAM 1.6 standard-range bomb. The 1.6 and 1.8 refer to the weight in kilograms.

US-Subs,
Your shell seems to be fuzed with a Danish fuze M/49 type (Swedish also used this fuze).
Glad someone else ID'ed it. I didn't have time.

The image of the mortar bomb that I had seemed to be fuzed with the Finnish 'IS 52-23A' (Iskusytytin Mallia 52 - Sytytintilaan 23A) model fuze.

Last edited: