What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mortar tool?

Darrol

Premium Member
ive a 60mm spanish mod 51 light mortar .in the carry chest this tool was in it but not sure of its use . if any..if anyone has any ideas i would be very glad to hear them .thank you.:tinysmile_grin_t:

Attachments

• DSC04926.jpg
    DSC04926.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC04927.jpg
    DSC04927.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC04938.jpg
    DSC04938.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Cap removal tool ??????

Looks like a tool for removing "press fit" caps from perhaps the tail section of a Mortar-I have no idea if any Mortars use caps to retain the propellant charge that are swaged on or a press fit ??
What size is this device please ?

hi .the widest part is 58 mm and the and the recess is 22 mm and about 80mm tall with a threaded hole at the thinest part . hope thats useful.thanks.:hmmmm:

It's possible it is a mortar extraction tool. It would screw on the end of the cleaning rod and you lower it over the stuck round. The teeth engage in slots on the fuze and you lift the round out. We have tools similar for U.S. mortars. Regards, Bruce.

hi and thanks bruce .was thinking same . i dont have a spanish 60mm mortar round or a photo to view the fuse ..thank you for your info .regards Darrol.

Maybe these pics will help you more.

Attachments

• Mortero 1.jpg
    Mortero 1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 24
  • Mortero 2.jpg
    Mortero 2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Mortero 3.jpg
    Mortero 3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Mortero 4.jpg
    Mortero 4.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Mortero 5.jpg
    Mortero 5.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Mortero 6.jpg
    Mortero 6.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 22
thanks .hope you can as im not sure what im looking for .would like to complete the mortar with a sight and a couple of rounds in time .ive put a pic up of the mortar and parts and chest .thanks again .:ridinghorse:

hi .thanks for trying .i will keep looking:tinysmile_hmm_t:.regards .darrol

hi ,i did a swap with a guy i know who as just started selling on the gunstar site.i wanted a mortar for my collection and thought it was a nice piece. . had to take the sight of it which was on it as it was for a british one for the larger caliber and it was bolted on with a L bracket . :fight: