What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MRUD ditectional fragmentation anti personel mine

pzgr40

Premium Member
Cutaway model of a MRUD directional fragmentation anti-personnel mine.

The mine is delivered in a green canvas shoulder bag housing:
- the mine body
- two sets of detachable scissor legs
- a roll with 30 mtrs electric wire
- an electric circuit tester
- an EK-40-69 (electric inductor) hand held detonator apparatus.
- an electric detonator

Ten bags with mines are packed in a wooden crate.
The mine is placed in trees, nailed to the tree through the holes in the scissor legs, either placed on the ground.
The mine is –normally- electrical command detonated (as in the version depicted in this posting), but is also found using the UMP-1 Mechanical pull fuze, the UMNP-1 Mechanical pull/pressure fuze, either with a detonation cord between the mine and a PMA- 1 or 2 anti-personnel mine detonated.

The mine itself consists of a rectangular PVC box, arc shaped when looking on top, convex when looking from the side. It has two fuze wells on top , with a rudimentary sight between the two fuze wells. Behind the convex face of the mine 650 pcs of 5mm diameter steel balls are cast in transparent plastic. This part is glued to the back of the concave face of the mine body. Behind this , a 900 grams charge of RDX or PETN based explosive is placed. The back panel of the mine is glued to the mine.
At the base of the mine two slots are place, into which the T shaped bar of the scissor legs can be slided.

Total weight of the mine : 1,5 kg
Length of the mine body : 231 mm
Heighth of the mine body : 89 mm
Width of the mine body : 46 mm

The mine has a lethal radius of 50 mtrs at a 60 degrees arc in front of the mine and will injure up to 250 mtrs

The mine is quite identical to the US M18A1 Claymore and the Russian Mon50 directional fragmentation anti-personnel mines.

The mine has been used by the following countries: Bosnia, Croatia, Kosovo, Serbia

Regards, DJH

Attachments

• 01 - MRUD in bag closed.jpg
    01 - MRUD in bag closed.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 03 - MRUD contents bag.jpg
    03 - MRUD contents bag.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 04 - MRUD back view.jpg
    04 - MRUD back view.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 06 - MRUD as set up.jpg