What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my 85mm AT inert ammo after police control..

tube8

Middle of last year was take from Police 15 inert granades.
I got them now back.....

5 of them in " hard-controll condtion" ;)

Attachments

• DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC00005.jpg
    DSC00005.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC00006.jpg
    DSC00006.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC00007.jpg
    DSC00007.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC00008.jpg
    DSC00008.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC00009.jpg
    DSC00009.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 161
Am I correct in thinking they were not in this state when they were taken from you,the result of controlled demolition/cutting charges perhaps,
Don,

Sorry about your luck. Looks like they used flex linear shape charges on them. 1. What part of "Inert" did they not understand? 2. If they didn't comprehend that, how about "Empty"? Instead of wasting 5 or more hours at the range, a quick (no more than 1 hour) search on the net could have told them all they needed to know, including this forum. Well, maybe more than an hour once they get sucked in to it looking all of the goodies. 3. And the biggest question, they trust them with explosives??!! Again, sorry for your loss, man. Sincerely, Bruce.

Damn man,... sorry for your (near) loss. :frown:

I can't imagine how it must feel. I hope you can patch them up somehow and
maybe you'll find new casings here in this forum.

Regards from Belgium.

I look at these pictures and have a few questions:

-Most collectors -and therefore shurely any professional EOD member- should be able to recognize these projectiles do not have a base fuze present as pictured, so one can easily look into the hole in the base to see if they are empty. In case of doubt, why just destroy the driving bands and not have a shaped chage blow a hole through the explosives cavity.
-Why destroy fired shellcases. One can clearly see they have been fired as the rim of the casemouth is flushed after firing.

Looking at these pictures I can only conlude that one sees it as funny to destroy other peoples stuff..... just because one can. An unprofessional attitude of these local EOD members.
Regards, DJH

I was real surprised.
I got on phone info from Police that some of the objects are damaged......
but what I saw as I was in Police LKA(Landeskriminalamt) was very hard.
I have no respect for this Kind of stupid way of controll.
I have given all to my loyer and i hope I will get justice .

I will Report here whta will be happen....but for sure it will take Long time :(

I too regret your loss,why did they destroy obviously empty cases,were the projos fitted into the cases ?,did they take the oportunity to use your shells/cases as a training exercise just to show how it is done to live ammo,?I hope you get good results from your lawyer,
Good luck,
Don,

"were the projos fitted into the cases?"
That's why I allways put a nut or a loose (bearing) ball in the shellcase before placing it back on the shellcase, especially if it's a tight fit. With the ramble of the nut or ball one can make clear the shellcase is empty. I also place nose fuzes on projectiles with only one one twist of thread so one can clearly observe at once the fuze is loose.

I was to write more, but decided not to. Not knowing all the decision process of the local police authorities etc.
One thing strikes me looking at these photos.
If I decide to attack something with shaped charge, I would use such streangth that GOES thru not scratches the surface like this.

From the positive point of wiew You have an excelent cutaway materiel.

Bob

Tube8 were you sleeping with a wife who's husband works in the EOD department ???? As this might explain it
but seriously very sorry to see the way your items were treated
regards Daryl

From the positive point of wiew You have an excelent cutaway materiel.

Bob

One of the Piece is now my Desktop decoration.. ;)

I had time before contols where they checkt the inert ammo with x-ray.

Unfortently I had untill now no possible to have a look in Police controll paper.
My loyer ask short time after items was confication, but nothing happened. And now, half year later....I have to ask over my loyer again.

For sure somebody has no idea how to sue linear shaped charges or ID ordnance, otherwise they would know they did the wrong technique to low order or cut them One of the most stupid "supposed" EOD acts I have ever seen. Don't call these guys if you have a real EOD problem