What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Ammo Box Collection.

Bullet Mick

Been sorting out the shed and took some pics of my ammo boxes whilst they were out for anyone whos interested. Cheers Mick.

PICT2859.jpgPICT2860.jpgPICT2861.jpgPICT2862.jpg

Hi Bullet Mick,
You have a great selection of boxes I like the H83 for 30mm shells and the H1 (or is it an H13 for the 1 1/2" flare carts) Does the long wooden box in the third picture, (about the size of a grenade box?) have any numbers on the bottom?
Cheers
Gary

Hi Gary
The long wooden one has the numbers B279 over an I on the bottom and stamped 1938 on one end. It has been over painted green but i can just make out most of the stenciling on the side it is as follows. 40 DETONATORS AIRCRAFT BOMB No 36 MK1 LOT 240 I.C.I/A 6/38. The 36 may be a 30 is hard to tell. The flare box i think is stamped 1945 on one end i will dig it out in the morning and let you know if there are any other markings that may be of interest. Cheers Mick.

Gary ive had a look at the flare box and its marked up on the bottom H13. It is also stamped on the side RCD 1945. Cheers Mick.