What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my beginners collection:P

Hey all,
here are some pics of my collection that i began when i was younger, im 19 now so i still got a while to collect:p the LAV 3 is a project i did back in grade 11, its all wood except the guns made out of lego and the turret is a little bit of my own creation on to the original:p
SAM_1356.jpgSAM_1357.jpgSAM_1358.jpgSAM_1359.jpgSAM_1361.jpgSAM_1362.jpg

A nice collection of militaria. All collections start somewhere, and you have the beginnings of a good collection. As you progress with it, the only problems are cost and space!

Good luck,
Roger

Hi xXEXPLOSIVEGUY29Xx,Thanks for showing your collection,as Roger said,now it is only cost and space,your collectin will grow at a steady rate as will the quest for room to store/show it,I like the LAV 3,very nice model,you have done your research and modelling well,in the past I have used cotton buds (cut the ends off first,,,LoL,)for gun barrels,
nice stiff hollow plastic tube,in fact I have a Brittains Mk 1 humber armoured car in my collection of diecasts which has a cotton bud tube for a gun barrel,
Regards,
Don,

Nice collection, looks like a 40mm Bofors L/60 practice or AP projectile in the middle of the last pic?

hey, thanks for the comment and the gun barrel is actually one of those plastic pencils that have the lead pieces (around 12) stuck inside them and when one wears out you just pull it out and pop it in the top to make another come down. and the metal part on the end is a basic piece of hollow metal with one of the aforementioned lead pieces on the end.
take care,
Dustin

Hey,
i'm pretty sure that the round is from an "S" gun. the length is around 156mm, this is from tip to end as well. i don't remember what the bofors was, maybe someone has the measurement:p also, there are a couple marks on the end of the round as well. they are what looks like a capital y sideways, an arrow headstamp (no circle around it) and a number that looks like a 14:p

Last edited:
thanks, im currently trying to sell it right now cause i need the money for another bomb im getting. i was told the value is around $80 canadian. i bought it for $10 so really anything above that is profit:p

Hey,
i'm pretty sure that the round is from an "S" gun. the length is around 156mm, this is from tip to end as well. i don't remember what the bofors was, maybe someone has the measurement:p also, there are a couple marks on the end of the round as well. they are what looks like a capital y sideways, an arrow headstamp (no circle around it) and a number that looks like a 14:p

Hi Dustin, I think its a Bofors AP or practice, i've listed a number 40mm projectiles and their lengths. A 'S' gun projectile should have a solid base plug, the bofors will have a recess for a tracer.
S Gun projectile overall length 164mm.
40mm Bofors AP projectile overall length 156mm.
2 PR AP projectile overall length 132mm.
2 PR Naval WW1 common pointed projectile 142mm approx.

Hope that helps