What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my collection in a shoebox

amji43

Hello again

please read this first
http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/78420-hello-from-Holland

so now I will show you some of my latest work
a holzmine 42 in scale 1:6 (its about 51x55x20 mm)
GroteFoto-HPSR6ZGN.jpg

GroteFoto-USEBH386.jpg

even a small igniter
GroteFoto-BLRWAQTH.jpg

to be continued
AmJi

another artist at the BOCN

great work, amji !

the crate with its hinges, working closures and even a label, all in 1:6 - a fine work of art.
perfect made and very impressive to me.

the collection won't fit in a shoebox anymore

hi there

thanks to "Spotter " I could build my latest addition to my collection ,wich is growing out of it's shoebox
(thinking of bigger shoes)

what I build is a Kstenmine A or GK mine in the 1:6 scale using real scale concrete

the mold was made from wood and hardfoam and was fun to make ,I had some learning moments on that
the first casting was useable .
the concrete base is 20x20 cm square and8.5cm high and strengthened with 1.5mm iron rods
the mine stil needs his snag line and it's layer of paint
but Here the pictures of the unpainted model
Foto-QDPMO8OA.jpg

Foto-VO8CXP6T.jpg

Foto-W8FE7TUJ.jpg

Two years ago the navy "fished" up KMA 3 mines for us, the concrete was unpainted and al the steel was rotten of, but believed to be black.
Unfortunily I did'nt make pictures of it.

I know someone who has the concrete base. Next time I'm there I'll picture it.
Regards, DJH

Hi All

The Kstenmine A is finished with a colour I choose a grey because the pictures I found did not indicate it was black
here the pic's
GroteFoto-E6I68ZUA.jpg

GroteFoto-EMFPQLR4.jpg

the German soldier is a one to sixth scale model ,wich we are using to show the actual sice of the mine compared with a human body
GroteFoto-FUAMTUHN.jpg

thanks for watching

AmJi