What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Collection Room

Pics of MP38/40

Here are some snaps !

wbr

David

Attachments

• P1010125.jpg
    P1010125.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 30
  • P1010126.jpg
    P1010126.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 26
  • P1010130.jpg
    P1010130.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 26
  • P1010132.jpg
    P1010132.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 27
  • P1010133.jpg
    P1010133.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 27
  • P1010135.jpg
    P1010135.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 31
  • P1010136.jpg
    P1010136.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 27
  • P1010137.jpg
    P1010137.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010139.jpg
    P1010139.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 23
Hi

Altdeko means its a deactivatet original gun there needs some particular changes to be made regarding the country rules !
For example the barrel has to be drilled with six holes in the size of the bore
The brech block has to cut on the front side in an angel with 45 deg
The hole for the firing pin has to be closed with a welding spot !
And some more small changes a metal pin has to be in the end of the barrel like this !
wbr David

Ahhhh......the photo's!!! NICE Gun!! I wrote the message below before you just posted the pics!!
Looks like the gun has all matching numbers also!! fantastic! I love it!!

Hi David, thanks for info. I do not see a pic of metal pin in end of barrel "like this" you mention but I know what you are speaking about.

Yes, then Altdeko and Deko is the same thing I was speaking of, just different words.

Your gun has a original complete "upper receiver tube" which is illegal here in US to have without special license and are very expensive. :sad:

Our laws consider just this "receiver Tube" as a "submachine gun" but all the rest of the parts are OK to own here.

I would love to see pics of your gun sometime.

Last edited:
Hi kilroy

We are using the word deko over here only for guns which are manufactured for display purpose not deactivated original guns !

Sorry i forgott to explain in my replay earlier

The metall pin are inside of the barrel they made the changes with the purpose that the changes are not visibel from the outside otherwise it would be looking good !

wbr

David

And a Marantz receiver with gyro touch tuning, now that's good taste. Dano

HaHa! good eye Dano. It's a great old 2285 Marantz. I have some older Cerwin-Vega and JBL speakers also.
I used to be quite the audiophile a long time ago. You can only turn the volume knob on this Marantz up to about 1/4 turn without having to wear earplugs! Cerwin Vega and Marantz = LOUD ....but also clear and distortion free.
Lots of 'headroom" with these old receivers. They were the best, and still are to some old farts like me.

We are using the word deko over here only for guns which are manufactured for display purpose not deactivated original guns ! Sorry i forgott to explain in my replay earlier
The metall pin are inside of the barrel they made the changes with the purpose that the changes are not visibel from the outside otherwise it would be looking good ! David

OK David, thanks. Then in Germany a real WW2 gun that has been "de-activated" is called "Altdeko" not just "Deko"...... is this correct?

Your gun is beautiful!!! I want one also!!