What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My collection...so far...

Mikhail

Greetings all!
I've finally squeezed in a little time and photographed my collection to date. Of course as I write this I have more bits and pieces on the way...does it ever end????:tinysmile_hmm_t: While I was uploading the pictures, I kind of realized something a bit weird...I almost seem to enjoy "hunting down" items for my collection more than I do having them! Don't get me wrong, I love every one I have, I just seem to enjoy searching for the unique things a little more. Don't know if that is weird, or just part of the hobby?

Anyhow, here's my collection (and I am still new with most of this, so if I am incorrectly naming something, please correct me).

First is my WW1 German:
1915 Stick Grenade (impact I believe is what it is from what I've read...she is in need of some love!)
WW1 German 1915 impact grenade.jpg
Model 1915
WW1 German Mle 1915 Na.jpg
Model 1917Na (need to find a correct fuze for this one)
WW1 German Mle 1917 Na.jpg
World War 2 items, First the British:
My 2 Mills Bombs
Mills bomb (1).jpg
Mark 69
No. 69 (1).jpg
Now for my Japanese:
Type 4 pottery (reproduction fuze, original pottery)
Jap 3.jpg
Type 99
Jap type 99.jpg
Type 97
Jap type 97 (1).jpg
Type 91
Jap type 91 (1).jpg
Type 89 Mortar
Jap type 89 50mm ortar (1).jpg
United States:
Mark II (circa 1920's-30's...I believe that to be the timeframe for this one, I do know the fuze is reproduction, but the body is original with the screw plug on the bottom)
US mark 2 circa 1920-30 (1).jpg
And My German WW2:
M24 stick
M24 (2).jpg
M24/43 Fragmentation sleeve...needing some love as well!
M24 frag sleeve (7).jpg
M43
M43 (1).jpg
M39 (good egg!)
M39 (1).jpg
M39 (okay egg)
M39 (3).jpg
M39 (bad egg!! One of my first purhcases, paid too much for something in VERY bad condition. This one is on my "list" of restorations...if I get the time and hopefully actually have the talent:wink: )
M39 (5).jpg
Wurfkorper 361 LP (early model with the bakelite body)
WW2 German wurfkorper 361 LP (2).jpg
Shave stick
WW2 German shaving stick grenade.jpg
Russian:
RGD-33
RGD 33 (1).jpg
Not really WW2, but close enough...a 1948 dated M7A3 2.36" practice round
M7A3 practice round.jpg
More modern stuff
F1
F-1.jpg
RGD 5
RGD 5.jpg
RG-42's
RG 42.jpg
Bulgarian RGO-78
RGO 78 (1).jpg
Chinese stick grenades (dated 1969 if I remember right)
Chinese stick.jpg
Iraqi grenade
Iraq grenade (1).jpg

PG-7
RPG 7.jpg
Land mine, I believe it is a copy of an Italian TS-50...not too sure, doesn't quite look like pictures I've seen...close, but not exact
Iraq landmine (2).jpg
Vietnamese grenade, damaged top but has a cool handmade "carry strap" that I was told was original with it when recovered
NVA (4).jpg
And this....I really am unsure of this one...looks like a Mark 1 Illumination grenade, but the body is blue plastic, not sheet metal. The gentleman I bought it off of siad it was an EOD trainer for recognition...so maybe that explains the blue plastic. Anyone got definates on this one?
US flare (1).jpg

So there you have it, my collection to date...and there will be more updates soon, as I said, there is always something new I just have to have...just running out of "explainations" for the wife about where this is all coming from...

Best regards,
Mikhail

Last edited:
First of all thanks for taking the time to both take the photos and post them on the forum, you have some excellent items there - well done!!

You mentioned enjoying the 'hunting down' of items for your collection. I'm sure most of the members on here share your thoughts on this, 9/10ths of collecting is finding that elusive item to add to your collection - whatever 'the' collection it may be. There is nothing quite like that moment when you come across the item you have been searching for for months/years ........... and equally nothing like the feeling when that same item gets snapped up right before your eyes before you had the chance to hit the 'buy it now' button - believe you me, we have all been there at one time or another. Once in the collection, you move onto the next item and so on and so on............I'm not sure there is ever an end to it, (but I dont think you ought to mention that bit to your wife!!)

all the very best with your growing collection - and enjoy - thats what its all about isnt it??

regards Kev

Great collection thanks for sharing it.
"Does it ever end".......I hope not for your sake.
As for the hunt being just as much fun as getting stuff, I completely agree and if you know where something is then you're half way there.
Dave.

Hi Mikhail,Thanks for posting pics,a fantastic collection you have there,
Regards and thanks,
Don,

Thanks for the thanks! I have a few new items that will soon be added when they arrive. I just got a great deal on another M24 with nice clean markings (waffenamt and other markings) but no stick, an M39 with a Waffenamt stamp (something I've only seen once on another members M39 here on BOCN a while back)...I am not sure why, but I've become obsessed with M39's, probably because here in the States they are a bit harder to find, but I've got three and another two (for now) on the way :tinysmile_tongue_t:!

I've also managed to get a VOG-25 (Russian 40mm grenade) and am working on the possibility of getting a VOG-17 (30mm launched grenade) (if I can get it, it is a boxed set with one intact and one cutaway!!!!!!).

It truly is fun finding them, and being in the States it can be harder to get, due to import laws the good stuff never really comes our way as much...but I've still managed to get a few good things! The Iraqi grenade and the RGO-78 are ones I've not seen available again after I got them (I know there are more out there, but it is kind of fun to think that I've got one of only a scant handful that are here in the States!).

I am thinking I need to go to rehab for my addiction here......NOT!!

Best regards,
Mikhail

Good pictures of your collectionl. One question though. Where did you happen to get the Vietnamese and Chinese grenades? Can you show me either through here or by PM on those grenades (closer Look if you please). I am a collecter all things being Vietnam and especially MACVSOG. Thanks Mikhail.

Just asking guys I will not bring up anything in relation to SOG, Aaaaahh, I, well, kinda promise.

Good pictures of your collectionl. One question though. Where did you happen to get the Vietnamese and Chinese grenades? Can you show me either through here or by PM on those grenades (closer Look if you please). I am a collecter all things being Vietnam and especially MACVSOG. Thanks Mikhail.

Just asking guys I will not bring up anything in relation to SOG, Aaaaahh, I, well, kinda promise.

Right now I am at work, but tomorrow or the day after I will see if I can take some better pics of both for you and I will post them here for all to see. I got both through Gunbroker. The Vietnamese grenade was a great find, price wasn't too shabby either. Had to laugh when I saw one last week listed on GB site, the top was in better condition, but didn't have the handmade carry strap...it was started at $1000.00!! I didn't pay anywhere near that much for mine!

Mikhail

Mikhail

A really fine selection you have there. Am anxious to see more detailed pics.

And yea, rehab. Good luck with that.

Rick

As promised for V40, some more shots of the Chinese Stick Grenades (I said they were dated 1969, looking closer at the stamp it actually states 68).

Chinese Stick (1).jpg
Chinese Stick (2).jpg
Chinese Stick (3).jpg
Chinese Stick (5).jpg
Chinese Stick (4).jpg

And some more shots of the Vietnamese Grenades...don't really know if there is anything that can be done for the wood top, with it being broken like it is, guess I just have to handle to carefully.
NVA (6).jpg
NVA (7).jpg
NVA (10).jpg
NVA (8).jpg
NVA (9).jpg
NVA (1).jpg
NVA (2).jpg
NVA (5).jpg
NVA (4).jpg
NVA (3).jpg

And my newest "family" member, a VOG-25 training round
VOG25 (1).jpg
VOG25 (2).jpg
VOG25 (4).jpg
VOG25 (5).jpg
VOG25 (3).jpg
Some other little additions too...WW2 German flare cartridges...spent of course (and in need of some cleaning).
German Flare (3).jpg
German Flare (2).jpg
German Flare (1).jpg

As I get more this post will get longer I am sure :wink:

Best regards,
Mikhail