What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My collection

What a great collection, thanks for showing it.
Please would you post some photos of the very long sub 20mm rounds (they look like they're in the size range 12mm to 14.5mm in the pictures) you have shown in photograph 1, they look interesting.
Nice Bofors 40/20, don't see too many of them.
Dave.

Hi Sorcerer, would you mind posting a photo of the projectile for your Bofors 40/20 please. I'm trying to work out what the correct projectile for these rounds is. I understand they were for fuze tesing.
Thanks,
Dave.

Hi i have a question about the cartridge in your collection, in which country it was produced and what weapons?
22.jpg

Hi,

I'm new here at the forum. This is a part of my modest collection.

Best regards

Hi what is the 6th round from the right on the first photo, bottom shelf? (Just realised its the same one that kyuss80 asked about in post 23 above).

Dave.

Hmm, another thread that went by me and I did not see before.

Sorcerer, great collection you got there!

Any chance you could tell us something on these 2 images?

These do look like necked down 20x138B in 12.7 and 14.5mm. Is that correct?
Can you tell anything about the background of these? If my assumption is correct I would like to get deeper into this as a friend is working on a book on the 20x128B cartridge and weapons and I assume these will need some coverage then. Any help would be much appreciated.
072008_zps26afd42b.jpg

This one here is a 37mm which was shown here in the forum before (I think SG500) but there was also no background info on that one. Any chance you could enlighten us?
072002_zps57e236cd.jpg

Phenominal collection,a lot of time and dedication has gone into that display,many thanks for showing,
Regards,
Don,

Hi what is the 6th round from the right on the first photo, bottom shelf? (Just realised its the same one that kyuss80 asked about in post 23 above).

Dave.

Hi, it is a replica 13 x 178 polen experimental ATR round. Pavel.

Any chance you could tell us something on these 2 images?

These do look like necked down 20x138B in 12.7 and 14.5mm. Is that correct?
Can you tell anything about the background of these? If my assumption is correct I would like to get deeper into this as a friend is working on a book on the 20x128B cartridge and weapons and I assume these will need some coverage then. Any help would be much appreciated.
072008_zps26afd42b.jpg
Yes, that is correct. It is shortened and necked down 20 x 138 B to 12,7 and 14,5mm. But it is no real calibers, I get it as a funny birthday gift and have got only sentimental value for me.

This one here is a 37mm which was shown here in the forum before (I think SG500) but there was also no background info on that one. Any chance you could enlighten us?
072002_zps57e236cd.jpg
This 37mm experimental round was shown here http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/72659-37-x-288-experimental-Czechoslovakia by me, but there is no information about it, sorry.

Regards
Pavel