What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first complete SD2 bomb

jiipee76

Here is few pictures of my first complete SD2 bomb.All parts are ground found,wings and shell is cleaned by Dave(thanks once again).Wire is bent but i wont try to straighten it.Only the screws(proper model) are missing from the wire.It is fascinating bomb and now hanging on my collection rooms ceiling. :tinysmile_classes_t

SDC12823.jpgSDC12824.jpgSDC12825.jpgSDC12827.jpg

Looks great Jussi !!!!!!!!!!!

Nice wing markings too.............looks like Dave made a great job on that one :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Watch out though - these can become very addictive !!!

regards Kev

Very nice Jussi, its nice to see it all together.
I've attached a few photos to show the complete wing set before dipping in rust remover and also the stamped end wing before and after. I thought at first the wings had yellow paint on them but it turned out to be green. One brake wing got replaced with a better one. All springs/parts original etc.
I agree with Kev, highly addictive...........
Dave.

Attachments

• Before wing.jpg
    Before wing.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 20
  • After end wing.jpg
    After end wing.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Before complete.jpg
    Before complete.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Ive been trying to think of a decent way of hanging them from the collection room ceiling. Any suggestions? I can see Jussi has used wire of some sort. I was thinking of heavy grade fishing line or similar?

cheers

waff

Waff, how about a phone line wire? you could do a line of them, after all they caused havoc getting caught up in phone lines etc. Jiipee, nice one there mate, I like the fact it still looks honest and original, sometimes I find it is difficult to know when to stop!

Not a bad idea old son,just dont know if it will take the weight of the ones i have to display!! :p

best

waff

Ive been trying to think of a decent way of hanging them from the collection room ceiling. Any suggestions? I can see Jussi has used wire of some sort. I was thinking of heavy grade fishing line or similar?

cheers

waff

Waff just pack them all up in a box and send them to me, I'll find a way of hanging them up in my collection :wink:
Kite string works for me and the knots don't slip. I've hung them up from individual hooks as opposed to trying to hang them all on one line. I guess fishing line would be better as long as the knots don't come undone.
Dave.

....fishing line would be less noticeable, maybe a fishing handbook would give some good diagrams of knots to use, as the hooks need to be secure when fishing!!

......cant wait to see the pictures waff when you have them hanging up!!!

regards Kev

They are all over the bloody show at the moment here,just no time to re-assemble them after cleaning.

Jussi,what is the wire you have used pal?

cheers

waff

They are all over the bloody show at the moment here,just no time to re-assemble them after cleaning.

Jussi,what is the wire you have used pal?

cheers

waff

I used plastic coated steel wire.I bought it from army surplus store.It is what we call here "Ansa-Lanka" = Tripwire.

Where does one find a SD-2 since they are near impossible to disarm!!

I have seen "boiled ones" in the north. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Germans burned the area and these bombs boiled the interior material out when they were in the fire.Most of the explosives came out from the detonator hole sides.I dont know how they were professionally opened.