What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First Post and My First German Fuse

This is my first post and wanted to share with all of you my first fuse. By way of background, my interest in bomb disposal and German fuses started when I was a teenager. I have always been interested in WW2 and back in 1980, a program called Masterpiece Theater hosted by Alistair Cook, aired the Danger UXB mini-series in America. I became fascinated by this otherwise little known (at least in America) aspect of WW2.

Anyway, I recently ordered the Danger UXB series on DVD which prompted me to do some hunting on the internet when I turned up this gem. It is a Type (Series) 25B and came in what I assume is its original Bakelite container with matching top. I was really surprised at the incredibly good condition of both the fuse and the container.

I would love to know what the insides look like of a 25B. Has anyone seen any pictures posted of one that has been sectioned?

Attachments

• DSCN0941.jpg
    DSCN0941.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN0942.jpg
    DSCN0942.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN0943.jpg
    DSCN0943.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN0946.jpg
    DSCN0946.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN0948.jpg
    DSCN0948.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCN0949.jpg
    DSCN0949.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hi There Mr Yank, welcome, its a nice looking example you have there, sectioned 25b picture for you......... Dave

HPIM5570.jpg

Hi Mr Yank,welcome and thanks for reminding me about that TV series,just off to do a bit of downloading.........................Tony

Hi Mr Yank,welcome and thanks for reminding me about that TV series,just off to do a bit of downloading.........................Tony

Thanks for the welcome Tony. Try Youtube. I think someone has put the entire series there with each episode broken down into four or five parts.

Hi TY,
found the whole 13 part 1979 series on b*t j****e,very slow start off but looks promising now,how many series were there do you know?

Tony

There were thirteen episodes Tony

Here they are in order:
1. Deadman's Shoes
2. Unsung Heros
3. Just Like A Woman
4. Cast Iron Killer
5. The Silver Lining
6. The Quiet Weekend
7. Digging Out
8. Bad Company
9. Seventeen Seconds to Glory
9. Butterfly Winter
10. Dead Letter
12. The Pier.
13. With Love From Adolph

Thats the one! didn't know if there was another series after 1979,looking forward to seeing the episodes I missed the first time round(due to a misspent youth period):sad:

Tony

Hey Yank,

Like yourself, I also fell in love with Danger UXB. I'm glad you started this thread, as I had never thought that the episodes would be on Youtube. Now I know where to look, and do some downloading. Welcome to BOCN!

Last edited:
Hey Yank,

Like yourself, I also fell in love with Danger UXB. I'm glad you started this thread, as I had never thought that the episodes would be on Youtube. Now I know where to look, and do some downloading. Welcome to BOCN!

Thanks HAZORD. That was a great series. I managed to pick up a copy of Hartley's book Unexploded Bomb a couple of weeks ago on which the series was based. Interesting to read the real stories that were dramatized in the series. Another highlight of that series, and another of the UK's great contributions to the world, is Judy Geeson. It is hard to imagine there being a more poised, classy, beautiful lady than her. She was totally smokin' hot in the 70's, and if you google her name with the phrase "current picture," one will come up. She looks great now at 62 and that is rare.

Enjoy viewing the series again, but consider getting it on DVD. It is worth the price. In the US, it was only cost $33 through Amazon for the boxed set.