What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First T.Mi. 42

Mina T.Mi.35 St with a cord and ANZ29 working principle is seen in the third photo.

Attachments

• 54-52.JPG
    54-52.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 79
Other types of roller-mines also had a short Brickford-fuze and pull ingiter to activate.

Attachments

• Roller mine.jpg
    Roller mine.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 61
Studying the pictures of the T.Mi 35 and the T.Mi 35 (S) it seems that they are of the same size in height and diameter but the diagrams and in manuals shows the height of them both to be different, the T.Mi 35 at 76mm without the fuze and 90mm for the T.Mi 35 (S), is this right or has the fuze or fuze cap of the T.Mi 35 (S) been included. The diagram on this thread showing the T.Mi 35 (S) shows the top with a slight curve, but looking at the photo's and else where the same mine looks very flat at the top in-between the corrugations and the corrugations as well.

Last edited:
They both are approximately 75mm high ( without fuze or fuze cap ), measured from my mines. They both fit in the aluminium carry rack for 2 mines.

Last edited:
They both are approximately 75mm high ( without fuze or fuze cap ), measured from my mines. They both fit in the aluminium carry rack for 2 mines.

Many Thanks for the info, i thought they were of similar size, just shows you how the manuals can be deceptive some times.

S.Mi.35 fuze pocket differences

Attached pictures of fuze pockets of my T.Mi.35 and T.Mi.35 St. As you see they have different internals. T.Mi.Z.42 sits perfectly in the St. mine but not in aluminium mine.
T.Mi.Z.35 neither works in St. mine as the adjusting part is missing, fuze screws on though.
I think at factory they could screw in necessary internal parts for each fuze. Therefore it makes sense that in some of the mines they tell outside it is for T.Mi.Z.42. The text on my St. mine is not original and made according to a picture from a book, but obviously correct in this case. The sleeve on bottom of fuze pocket has threads and can be screwed out and replaced with the adjusting parts required tod use of T.Mi.Z.35.

Attachments

• tmi35-1.jpg
    tmi35-1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 49
  • tmi35-2.jpg
    tmi35-2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 48
  • tmi35st-1.jpg
    tmi35st-1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 48
  • tmi35st-2.jpg
    tmi35st-2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 46
Are there igniter pockets for booby trapping at the side of the T.Mi 35(S).

Thanks for that, again the manuals show no fuze pocket at the side only on the other T.mines. Is the T.Mi 35 (S) fuze pocket opposite the carrying handle like the T.Mi 35 or is it arranged nearer the carrying handle like the T.MI 42 and 43.

To add bit more to this thread I have now been treated to a very kind gift of the T-Mi 42 wooden container courtesy of my good friend sudelmuk. This has been very appreciated.

I have posted some pictures to show this lovely item. Thank you once again.

Attachments

• IMG_1470.jpg
    IMG_1470.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1474.jpg
    IMG_1474.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1472.jpg
    IMG_1472.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1469.jpg
    IMG_1469.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1467.jpg
    IMG_1467.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1466.jpg
    IMG_1466.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 75
I have seen a red ring around a Tellermine 42 before, it meant it was used for training like on the tellermin 35 ub, the one i saw was yellow but that is for use in africa this one is europe version for sure

Wery nice mines. I have a fem myself. I will try to post pics later. Is there mutch interest fore Tellermines? . Any walue on them? What modell is most rare and expensive?

I only need to get the T.Mi 35 S which is the hardest one to get hold off.

Hi here is some of them. I have started to find out what i am selling . It willl take some time but most of them will be fore sell this vinter.

I think this is the most mines I have seen in one place!! some lovely examples you have.
Have you been collecting a long time?

Kev