What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new guns ...

nice . are you happy now? the cork whats in the barrel is suppose to be under the water jacket . .originaly theres a threaded cup that the cork fits through which secures it inplace . and you have the belt upside down :).did you grt the smg from gunstar?

There is another brass plug thing I'n the water jacket hole where dose that go ? Did they remove the cup thing ? I am very happy now ! Yep smg from gunstar got it cheaper than asking price guy wanted rid of it !

Long time no sleek ! How have you been ? Any new guns ?

Hi . Can you put a pic of the other plug up? .its very rare to find the original cup thing . .theres finnish ones knocking about .and i havent anymore guns as yet just a few grenades . .for now :)

IMG20110716_005.jpgIMG20110716_004.jpghi .this is the cup that i was refering to.this is a russian made one but i think theres some finnish maxim ones on the market.
regards. Darrol.
ps . .just noticed that the shield is mounted behind the top springs . .the shield fits foward of the spring between the water tank.
you should have a word with ryton arms to see if they could get you another cap and brush for the left grip .:)

Last edited:
Hi mate my brass plug thing looks nothing like that ? I will get a pic up asap also I cand fet the shild to fit ! Any chance of a pic of yours fitted right ?

Ow I also tried speeking to ryton works wide and ukm also some guys at war and peace no one has any spare parts ! Lol alough I saw plenty of maxims for sale !

IMG20110725_010.jpgIMG20110725_011.jpgIMG20110725_014.jpghi dude .
the shield fits infront of the spring .the cork on your maxim would have had a brass screw cup but like mine they seem to have been removed . . they were brass so they could have scrapped them.i have a catalogue from an american firm that sells some maxim parts .mostly finnish but they look good .ive put a pic of a maxim action cover . .havent seen another yet ..got it from ryton a few years back .if you need any other pics let me know .
DARROL.

Is the pic of the non snow cap version ? The brass plug there is the plug I have on mine ! Thanks for the pics ! Why is there a plug located there ? Have you ordedr of the amercan company ? Are the part a repo ? Great action cover !

Below the front part of water jacket are 2 connections; Plug to drain water from jacket and a threaded connection for steam hose.

Attachments

• Maxim.jpg
    Maxim.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 9