What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My New Shop - Still In The Trenches

Well done John and jolly good luck with both the shop and the website.

I would have loved to have been at the opening but mum not too good at the moment.

I promise to drop in though, sometime in the future.

Andy

close up shots on web-site

Hi John, your web-site works great save 1 thing. It may be just my computer but when I do a close-up on an item in your shop about half of the image is out of the left hand side of my monitor screen. No big deal but I thought you might want to know. My computer is 5 years old (ancient by electronics standards) so again it may be just my computer. Again great shop and your prices are VERY reasonable...Best...Dano

Thanks for everyone's comments and feedback. I've also had a couple of comments where I've slightly gone off centre with descriptions so thanks for that feedback.

Andy - The formal 'public' opening has been postponed so I've just got on with it and opened. Will be in touch mate!

I had a big struggle with a national bank re them taking the card payments for ordnance. They automatically assume you are some international arms dealer not someone selling 60-90 year old items to collectors. Still, after a visit from their 'expert' I was cleared to trade. Same old thing goes round and round....

Re the way the website displays, I've found that the age of your browser and computer is the key. The older it is the more problems you will have. It is not good re photos on XP at all. The best I have found is Mozilla Firefox.

Anyway there may be teething problems but I will always do my best to sort them out quickly.

John

Hello John,
Best wishes for your new enterprise.
The website is easy to use and your prices seem very reasonable. I would like to visit the shop in person but unable to get there at present, doctors orders!
Will be watching the site with interest.
Good luck,
navyman.

Good luck millsman!

I wish you the very best in your new endeavour Millsman, the shop looks good and you have good kit inside for sale-a recipe for success!
And if I am ever in the vicinity rest assured I will drop in.

a real shop

It really does my heart good to see that you have an actual store John. That may be a rarity in this day and age as there are so many businesses that are virtual only nowadays. It is almost a throwback to see it. Best of luck with success on your endeavor and godspeed. Well in this part of the world beer:30 is approaching fast so i'm gone. I really hope to do business with you in the very near future....Dano

Last edited:
Hello John,

Congratulations on opening your new militaria store. I wish you all the best in your BIG adventure!

Best regards,

Randall

HI Charlie

The one I have has a headstamp of USE93L017-35 28107910-Y (Printed on)

John

My New Shop

Hi John,
like your website, very nice, thanks for the flier that you gave me on Sunday (16th) at Chatham UKMS, I had to wait all that time!!
Good luck with your new venture.

Regards,
Nigel :wink:

Many thanks for the good luck messages. The shop has been open for three days now and seems to be genereating a lot of interest. A few people have even been in buying things. The website is operational and seems to work faultlessly with the purchases so far made. One of the reasons I wanted to have my own website was because of the PayPal trouble. With my system I'm linked up to a major bank's web payment system and when a purchase is made I see no buyers credit or bank card details at all. That side of the transaction is between the buyer and the bank. I just have to post the stuff quickly following receipt of the purchase order and and a separate e-mail from the bank confirming payment has been made. It is a very secure system and card cloning etc is impossible. Buy with confidence!

Thanks - John