What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new toy

Fusse2004

Premium Member
My new Spielzeug= an Italian torpedo fuze.

Attachments

• Dsc00251.jpg
    Dsc00251.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Dsc00254.jpg
    Dsc00254.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 119
  • MARCO3.jpg
    MARCO3.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 122
  • MARCO4.jpg
    MARCO4.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 123
My new toy
My new Spielzeug= an Italian torpedo fuze

Looks a very interesting item, do you know what type of torpedo it is from?

congratualtions on your find
regards Kev

Hello Kev! I do not have notion of which torpedo it am!:tinysmile_cry_t4: Harry

It is the italian SIC aerial torpedo fuze.
Germany has had a big shortage of aerial torpedoes and imported the
very good italian model - including all gear and the fuze. The torpedos
where made in Italy on machines delivered by Germany. The german designation was F 5 w .
BTW we imported japanese aerial torpedoes too. After several test
these where used up on torpedoe boats.

This was also the model for the german Pi4c / Pi4d / Pi4e pistols used in the acoustic torpedoes with the Ke or Ke1 warheads: G7es (TIV) "Falke", G7es (TV) "Zaunknig" and G7es (TXI) "Zaunknig II".

Last edited:
I stumbled over a Pi4 pistol today, here are some photos (note that it has a RSP-tool attached on top):

Attachments

• IMG_3172.jpg
    IMG_3172.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3174.jpg
    IMG_3174.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3175.jpg
    IMG_3175.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Interesting! Is that a Norwegian rework?
I agree it looks "new" (some parts for sure are not german WW2), but I don't think so. I didn't have much time to examine it though. I will get back another day to check this (and other items) more thoroughly.
RNoN did a full technical survey on one (or more) G7es(TV) torpedoes some time after the war (I have the reports), and I suspect the parts on display at the naval museum comes from this (engine, acoustic seeker, gyroscope...).
I have never seen this item before (I literally stumbled over it), so I don't know if there are some relations there.

I fully agree that quite some parts do not look German, like the impeller and the bracket on top. Also the top lid seems to be different and then the whole housing in the lover section. Maybe a Norwegian development just made with some German parts of a Pi4?

I fully agree that quite some parts do not look German, like the impeller and the bracket on top. Also the top lid seems to be different and then the whole housing in the lover section.
The bracket is a tool for RSP.

Maybe a Norwegian development just made with some German parts of a Pi4?
I doubt that... The G7es(TV) was never part of our inventory, so why make a new pistol for it? If it's a new/remake, I would rather suggest it being a model for EOD-training aquired from aborad? (as this particular item currently is used for).

Last edited:
A very nice one Harry - great start for 2014!!!

Natter,

I wish I stumbled over something interesting as that today!!!!

Cheers

Drew

Last edited:
I have a lead on the origin of this pistol, but I don't know when I will be able to get hold of the info (too sick to go anywhere in the foreseable future, but I will get back to this topic as soon as possible).