What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Ordnance Collection

rott51

To this point, this is my German and US/British collections. All original, nothing reproduction or restored except the paint on the US M2A1 anti-personnel mine. It's underlying paint is blue with an old green over-paint done a long time ago. The M7A1 bazooka round and the lighter green US grenade are just that mint that they look like repaints. Both have their original packing tubes. Thanks for looking. -Ron

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 148
I'll second that, very nice to see items, 'untouched' original paint........some great items you have there Ron, thanks for showing

regards Kev

Hello Ron,

nice collection you have there! I just wonder how you can collect this stuff in the USA...and is there a law that tells you what you can or can't collect?
Thanx for showing, regards, Chris.

Ron

Very, VERY, nice stuff.

Chris

We're lucky(in the U.S.) in that the "authorities" classify/consider anything inert to be just so much scrap metal. Of course, individuals sometimes overreact, but in general, the laws are sensible, with just a few exceptions. As for my stuff, the danger is in dropping it on your toes. The majority of collectible ordnance is unregulated.

Rick

Hi Ron,Very nice collection you have there,original paint as well,just about as good as it gets,thanks for showing,
Regards,
Don,

Thank you for the comments everyone. To add to Rick's spot-on explanation, as lucky as we are with some things here in the US, I wish the BATF's required process to demil automatic weapons was much less less destructive. Chris, of all the items in the pictures, probably the most difficult item to find here in the US is actually the german barracks locker "Spind" in the backround. -Ron

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 38