What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My recent haul

Slick

I just completed a 5 day, 1100 mile car trip that included stops in Huntsville AL and Atlanta GA. The Huntsville stopover provided the vast majority of the pictured specimens but the Atlanta leg finalized the arrival of some long awaited goodies.
As time permits, I will be singling out assorted pieces for showcasing, but I'm whupped and decided some overall shots will have to suffice for the time being.

Look closely, there are some mighty fine items in the lot. My collection is almost not worthy of some of the rarer pieces. But I'll take 'em anyway. :)

Rick

HSV ATL 03 10 2011 019 (Small).jpgHSV ATL 03 10 2011 015 (Small).jpg HSV ATL 03 10 2011 018 (Small).jpg HSV ATL 03 10 2011 006 (Small).jpg HSV ATL 03 10 2011 008 (Small).jpg HSV ATL 03 10 2011 011 (Small).jpg HSV ATL 03 10 2011 016 (Small).jpg HSV ATL 03 10 2011 013 (Small).jpg

NICE selection Slick, thanks for showing them. You picked up some nice stuff there.

Dave.

Tony

I think they might use that sort of signage in your neck of the woods. Nudge Nudge Wink Wink

Rick

Thanks Rich for showing your items. Appreciate these great Photos.

You didn't by chance get pulled over by any of my friends did you?

Hi Rick,what a superb collection,you have some real interesting stuff in there,it was I am sure a worthwhile trip,
Thanks for showing the collection,
Regards,Don,

Nice stuff , i particularly like the little jap cluster bomblet !
Even at todays petrol prices looks to be a profitable trip.
cheers,
Bob

Great haul Rick, must have been one hell of a trip to remember. Many many very nice additions to the Ord Hut T.M. Reg inc LTD esquire. Reminds of my trip out east in 01. Headed to Chambersburg PA for a memorable visit to GWM. Then drove the thirty some odd miles south for a Gettysburg battlefield visit. Hit every surplus dive I could find in the yellow pages along the way. Got back to Illinois with a truckload of ordnance, helmets and such, had less than fifty dollars left in my pocket and was a grinnin' from ear to ear. Toured the fine GWM reenactment trenches and had a blast in general, life can be an absolute hoot........Dano

Hi Rick,

A fantastic haul there mate. A once in a lifetime.

Cheers,
Robert

I'm going back for more. Just have to acquire some more trading material. So, hopefully, there's a "second in a lifetime" trip in the near future. I'm takin' the truck next time.

Rick

The "second in a lifetime" acquisition was just completed. Only the first box has been opened and this is what's inside. Some nice stuff there.
Lou's box 006 (Small).jpg

Got a lot of IDing to do. A lot of these items are/were experimental versions. Here's most of the rest of it.

HSV trip 2 001 (Small).jpg HSV trip 2 002 (Small).jpg HSV trip 2 003 (Small).jpg HSV trip 2 004 (Small).jpg HSV trip 2 005 (Small).jpg HSV trip 2 006 (Small).jpg HSV trip 2 007 (Small).jpg HSV trip 2 008 (Small).jpg