What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My recent haul

Niceness!

Lots of good stuff there; most of it would have been very much "up my previous alley" (i.e. modern medium calibre aircraft gun type of stuff), and some of it is up my current alley, being the Japanese stuff. ID-ing you say?
Well, I can help you with some of it; some quick picks:
-The spare black projectile with white tip and text is a Czech 23mm TP projectile.
-The GAU-8 round with green case with red band and purple projo is a High Pressure Test one.
-The experimental 30x167 is a Ford Philco one (same for the bright blue casing).
-The box in image 6 (with 6 30x113B rounds) are DEFA 30x113B TP rounds.
-The Jap 20x142 (with tube) is of the APT kind, hard steel.
-The Jap 40mm bomblet, well you know what it is. Looks like it might be a repaint (not sure)?
-The two 35x228 rounds: at first glance they look like TP ones, but hold on! There may be an HPT on in there. What are the markings on them?

Alrighty, these are just some quick picks; lemme know what items you need an ID on and I'll try to help out.

Cheers,
Olafo

The best part of this lot is the title of the photo!!!!:xd:

Roger that... I had noticed that too...;)

Now, is that a German 28->20 squeeze bore (s.Pz.B.41 - schwere Panzer Bchse 41) round I see in there? Looks like it even still has the aluminum ballistic cap; very rare to see that still present!
Nice score!

Cheers,
Olafo

Last edited: