What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my strange F1

jhonni \

Hello guys again... :)

It's my F1 body grenade from Karelija (not Russians body).
Plug in bottom very strange - without nick.
Have anybody opinion whose this grenade?

Thanks...

Eugene.

Attachments

• strange F1.jpg
    strange F1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 72
No idea Eugene, but you sure can come up with some unusual F1's. A collection of F1 variants only would be most interesting. I have an affinity for the F1 that i've talked about before. Keep 'em coming...Dano

Hello guys again... :)

It's my F1 body grenade from Karelija (not Russians body).
Plug in bottom very strange - without nick.
Have anybody opinion whose this grenade?

Thanks...

Eugene.

Very nice Eugene!! interesting shape to this grenade body. I like it!! You are lucky to find this one. I have not seen before.
Here is my strange F1 again. It will be good to have both in this one thread. This one has the same type plug, but more a standard type F1 body. My plug is lead, it appears yours is steel, is this correct??

Dano, I am in process of gathering many different war time and pre war F1's as I can find. I will sometime take separate pics of them for reference. Actually I will post my entire WW2 Russian collection soon. It has grown quite a bit last few months!! :D

Regards, Steve
"Dr.Ruby"

Attachments

• PB170029.jpg
    PB170029.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 20
  • PB170021.jpg
    PB170021.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 21
  • PB170023.jpg
    PB170023.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 18
  • PB170028.jpg
    PB170028.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Hi Steve!

Somewhere I saw already the such plug, it is probable at your photo. :)
In Russia such plugs I did not see. If material lead on your plug i think the body grenade possibly since period WW1.
p.s.
My plug on F1 is from the steel.

Eugene.

Hi Steve!

Somewhere I saw already the such plug, it is probable at your photo. :)
In Russia such plugs I did not see. If material lead on your plug i think the body grenade possibly since period WW1.
p.s.
My plug on F1 is from the steel.

Eugene.

Hi Eugene!! Greetings again! sorry for delay to answer you!! :tinysmile_kiss_t4: Ha!

Yes, the plug on my F1 I show above is lead, not steel. It also has almost the complete original paint on it. It is a brown color, I do not know if you can see from my photos.

You could be right, maybe a early grenade closer to WWI period.
They changed to solid bottom sometime in the 1930's?? I think. What do you know about when they stopped putting filler hole on bottom?

Regards, Steve in Florida
"Dr.Ruby"

Hi:
Here in the Spanish Civil War 1936-1939 only can find Russian F1 with plug at the bottom, only in the last months of the war you can find flat base new model.

With the solid body grenades made in Russia after 1939 year. But we had a many bodies from WW1 period, foreign grenades..etc..

Eugene.

Hi:
Here in the Spanish Civil War 1936-1939 only can find Russian F1 with plug at the bottom, only in the last months of the war you can find flat base new model.

Hi Miguel, OK, good, thanks. OK then the F1's without filling hole are from the late 1930's and after. Look.....here are some photos of the ones so far that I have with the filling holes, along with a later solid bottom WW2 version on right. I like the Russian F1 grenades very much, there are many little differences to collect!! :nerd:

Regards, Steve
"Dr.Ruby"

Attachments

• P1150002.jpg
    P1150002.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 21
  • P1150004.jpg
    P1150004.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 23
  • P1150008.jpg
    P1150008.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 23
  • P1150010.jpg
    P1150010.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 21
With the solid body grenades made in Russia after 1939 year. But we had a many bodies from WW1 period, foreign grenades..etc..

Eugene.

Hi Eugene, OK, thanks to you also for info. How is your book coming along??

Regards, Steve
"Dr.Ruby"

Last edited:
Steve..
Our book is on working stage now. We search a sponsor's now since a book will consist 3 volumes. And we are wanna make an international version, but need much more money... :(

Dano
Yes .. Russian's grenades have a many variations.. Russia got a big territory and more factories.

Eugene.

Steve..
Our book is on working stage now. We search a sponsor's now since a book will consist 3 volumes. And we are wanna make an international version, but need much more money... :(
Eugene.

Hi Eugene, very good. I will await :slug: :turtle:....... for my "free first edition autographed" copies

Do you know if there is a English translated version of this book I have? here Look.........
It has many good photos, and looks to have some very good WW2 period information, but 100% in Russian language.

I have a Latvian girlfriend that speaks Russian, that I "Skype" with almost everyday. I am trying to get her to move here to US with me. Then she will be able to read my grenade books to me in bed at night like a little boy.
Ha! I am 52, but will still like these bedtime stories. :smokin:

Regards, Steve

Attachments

• P1160001.jpg
    P1160001.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 14
  • P1160002.jpg
    P1160002.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 9
  • P1160003.jpg
    P1160003.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Are you writing a book Eugene? There are some very good Russian books, the only problem is the language, problem for the rest of the world, of course, what will be inside the three volumes?