What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mystery fuze german ww2

Re:Henschel Hs293 elevator relic

Hi very nice do you still own it or is it on loan to a museum somewhere?
Fuzeman

How do I get this stuff?

Well,I bought the Hs293 rudder in an auction, 25 years ago. It was billedas "part of a V1", but when I got my hands on it, and felt how heavy it was, I new it was NOT from a V1. I sent some pictures off to England, through the efforts of Winston Ramsey (of After the Battle) who forwarded the photos to Ian Hogg, I received a nice letter telling me what it was. He also identified the L.M.Z. zus 34B fuze I had got as coming from an aerial mine. I was quite pleased. The U.S. Navy Ordnance manual I have doesn't mention the L.M.Z. zus 34B, so I was not sure what it was from. Patience pays off in the end.

Yes, I still have all of them, er, most of the collection. Like a fool I sold off an SD2 in mint condition, with a 70B anti-disturbance fuze, a few years ago.

Cheers!, JIMBO

Re:How do I get this stuff?

Thanks jimbo for the pics and write up.
I always like to hear of members stories on how they acquired some of their collectables.B)

cheers
waff