What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Nam 'nades so far

Well, the wife and I picked the garden this morning and we just got done canning 16 pints of Dano's "Senor Smoke" hot salsa. got bored went downstairs and took a snap of what I think are the Vietnam era grenades I have to date. The M31 rifle grenade is dated 11-64..Dano

Attachments

• Picture 107.jpg
    Picture 107.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 66
Here's a few from the other side of the fence.

Attachments

• Grenade 1.jpg
    Grenade 1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 36
  • Grenade 2.jpg
    Grenade 2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Grenade 3.jpg
    Grenade 3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Grenade 4.jpg
    Grenade 4.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 32
And a couple more. The one on the left was a French mortar modified to be used as a rifle grenade.

Attachments

• Grenade 5.jpg
    Grenade 5.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Grenade 6.jpg
    Grenade 6.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Grenade 7.jpg
    Grenade 7.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Grenade 8.jpg
    Grenade 8.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 36
I wonder how my vets have souveniers like this stashed. I can see these as the "new/new" grenade collectable in the years ahead.

nam new

Vietnam New? Yeah I used to think the same way, feels like the 70's were just yesterday, but the war has been done for over 30 years, so to say "new" i'm not so sure. In some ways seems like I graduated high school just the other day, but it was months before that!!!! Dano

There's an even better copy of the 2.36 rocket. It looks like its on steroids, about half again larger. I've never seen it in the wild or in a private collection, but they have it on display at the Hanoi Military Museum, I'll dig around and see if I can find a photo later.

Hi. Whilst actually a VC mine, this little fella looks enough like a grenade to show here:xd: Cheers Colin

Attachments

• vc mine c 1968 4 bocn.jpg
    vc mine c 1968 4 bocn.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 34
Later it was called the Minh mine - understandably it still shows up in a lot of collections as an unknown stick grenade. I've never seen one with paint quite that nice though. Mine looks like it was drug behind a truck.

Here is the VN copy of the 2.36 I promised, with another picture of some additional NVN grenades also on display at the museum.

Attachments

• Hanoi Museum 1.jpg
    Hanoi Museum 1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0054.jpg
    DSC_0054.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 27
  • Hanoi Museum 2.jpg
    Hanoi Museum 2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 27