What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

naval ejector 1945

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
hi guys, any thoughts on the enclosed? Its 1.25 inches tall, 2.25 in dia. and has a V shaped vent that stands above the center tube(not shown).

The stamping reads EJECTOR No 7 I.N M.B./45 105 CY 6-45

Is it some sort of hedgehog discharger? cheers, Dave

Attachments

• e1.jpg
    e1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 39
  • e2.jpg
    e2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 22
No idea !

That is an interesting item you have.

I note from the photograph that the body towards the top has a small radial round recess cut into it, could that be for either an "O" ring or perhaps where a tube was "crimped" on at some point ?

Is the centre solid or "drilled" through ?

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t:

hi Chris, yes probably for a sealing ring. The base in concave and the centre is drilled through, you can just make out where the V shaped vent has been broken off - it appears to be made of a ceramic material. If I can find the V shaped bit I'll post a pic. It almost looks as if it could be an initiator for a bag charge but as far as I know all hedgehog, squid, depth charge projectors used a cased charge. Dave

ejector

here it is with the V piece in place. The V is not ceramic but copper (it was dirty!) There are 4 flash holes in the V piece, at the ends and at the foot of each arm. Dave

Attachments

• v.jpg
    v.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 13
Strange item

Thanks for the info Rickoshae
For some reason I have a "B" in my bonnet that this is something to do with launching "torpedo's" although most were fired/propelled from there tubes by compressed air.

I do vaguely remember seeing something where a sailor was screwing in something that looked like a largish cartridge case with an external screw thread ?

Someone here will know what it is !

Chris

Cy ?

Yes waff CY 6-46 was filled at "Chorley" on the 6th month 1945 !

The factory WAS down the road from you !

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t:

Cheers Chris,
Thought it was that.
I shall start another thread in the other forum shortly as ive a picture somewhere of one of the only buildings left.

best

waff