What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Naval Mills Grenade Box, strange holes

I have just had a look at my "Naval use only box" and the explosive label on the lid is a small one, 40mm ish, the same design and wording as the centre drawing in the link but has the number 8 in the centre, red on white and varnished over. Quite hard to make out but W /I\ D not N
Hope that helps.
Hi Tony, looking at other boxes with these Labels they look bigger than 40mm, where on the lid is the label, in the same place to the right.

I had a look at a previous picture but didn't get to see it really close up, it is around 40mm, the label was well coated in varnish.

Hi Tony, looking at other boxes with these Labels they look bigger than 40mm, where on the lid is the label, in the same place to the right.

Sorry, forgot to reply to this one..... yes the label is on the right hand side with the markings the right way up.
Just checked my Canadian made box and that has a large explosive label on it.