What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Naval mine model 08/39

Przemek

Hi

I looks for information about modification of the post-war Russian mines wz.08/39.

After the war, used the same galvanic cell? such as the 08/39 version?
I have this, but the signature "PME" and "720", I think it is a postwar.

info: from http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WAMRussian_Mines.htm
"Model 1908/39
Moored contact mine. Modification of the 1908 mine. Used by the Russian/Soviet Navy until 1960s. Total weight 1,305 lbs. (592 kg), charge was 254 lbs. (115 kg) of TNT, used 5 Hertz horns. Maximum depth - 390 feet (120 m)."

1.jpg

P3075585.jpg

P3075586.jpg

P3075587.jpg

thanks,
regards

this mine has been used JNA in croatian liberation war to close chanels in adriatic sea. modification is seen in ancor and hidrostatic fuse. on that fuse there was put a system that alows mine to be armed even thow its on surface!!! system is simple. it is made of roller with hole that is put insted of sugar circuit, so in moment throwing bomb, contacts in hidrostatic fuse are connected. during war JNA has sold 100 000 those mines to gadafi, and those mines made serious damage to NATO fleet. if you need pictures send me your email adress to antoniodjuka@yahoo.com
p.s. mine color wasnt dark blue like original, but was ocher yellow, by gadafis order. this mine hadnt selflikvidator, and always was armed.

Chemical Horn;

Sir:
That is a standard Russian Chemical horn used on most Russian moored chemical horn sea mines.
John

Hi

I looks for information about modification of the post-war Russian mines wz.08/39.

After the war, used the same galvanic cell? such as the 08/39 version?
I have this, but the signature "PME" and "720", I think it is a postwar.

info: from http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WAMRussian_Mines.htm
"Model 1908/39
Moored contact mine. Modification of the 1908 mine. Used by the Russian/Soviet Navy until 1960s. Total weight 1,305 lbs. (592 kg), charge was 254 lbs. (115 kg) of TNT, used 5 Hertz horns. Maximum depth - 390 feet (120 m)."

thanks,
regards

Hello!
What do you want to know abotu this mine? I have manual on this mine.