What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nebelhandgranate 41

jeeeensy

Picked this up just before x-mas, it needs a bit of tlc but it is solid and all there ready for a little restoration project.

Attachments

• DSCF1421.jpg
    DSCF1421.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCF1425.jpg
    DSCF1425.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 78
whatzit

Hi Jeeeensy, I am not familiar with this one, another thread I missed. Was this a stick grenade and what did it use for a fuze. Pardon my ignorance but am real curious on this one. Please keep us informed on restoration stages as I am really intrigued with this piece. Mucho thanks for showing and sharing.....Dano

Attachments

• nebelhandgranat 41.jpg
    nebelhandgranat 41.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 84
Hi Nick,
There is something odd in top plate of this head. I have in addition to Spotter's drawing seen the same in another source. However they both show ordinary M/39 Nb head with fuze and adapter. In yours there are no traces of the original threaded collar to attach handle or adapter. Further the smoke escape holes are too near center - they should be outside the threaded collar. What is center tube thread size in yours?

great drawing spotter

Hi Spotter, that is a great line drawing. I must admit i've never seen the like. should make a beautiful restoration project, or even display as is next to a better example. Jeeeensy you own it so you make the call...Dano

Hi,
Here a specimen in "as found" condition. Given picture above has drawing of it too (marked "Type 41", at the lower part).

Attachments

• NbHgr.41.jpg
    NbHgr.41.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 64
Yes ofcourse - I need new glasses:tinysmile_shutup_t2

Hi Reino,, i missed the chance of one of these 2 months ago,, with paint but slightly damaged,, ignorance eh!

But this one was on e-gun as a m24 and buy now for ,,,,,,,,35 of course i took the chance and bought it ,,,,,,could not get to the buy now button quick enough :wink: no rust all solid an intact just needs some work to make it look better.

Kind Regards nick

p.s i'll pop my old glasses in post next week,I got stronger ones on order :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Hey:
Yes, they are extremelly hard to find, but if Mr. Ben says that he hasnt it..... of course talking in nice condition, in relic they are not so hard to find. Anyway it is a nice addition to your collection Nick... and most important these days CHEAP. For all of you who dont know this awesome and cool site yet here it is.

http://wehrmachts.kisten.free.fr/nbhgr41_2.htm
Browse into the site, it is as impressive as Lexs site, but only WWII and German. :xd:

Hey:
Yes, they are extremelly hard to find, but if Mr. Ben says that he hasnt it..... of course talking in nice condition, in relic they are not so hard to find. Anyway it is a nice addition to your collection Nick... and most important these days CHEAP. For all of you who dont know this awesome and cool site yet here it is.
http://wehrmachts.kisten.free.fr/nbhgr41_2.htm
Browse into the site, it is as impressive as Lexs site, but only WWII and German. :xd:

Thank you Miguel ,,it is very good site, is there any reference to the stenciling,,like the m39 i suppose but good piccs would be a great help.

I wish all bits were this cheap :(

Best Regards Nick

here is a nice photo, don't remember where I got it unfortunately.

Attachments

• hgr41.jpg
    hgr41.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 39
here is a nice photo, don't remember where I got it unfortunately.

Hi Nice ,,,,This is either a M24 HGR or a M39 Nebel with the adaptor fitted, the for-runner before the Nebel 41. Here's one of each.

Regards Nick

Attachments

• DSCF0018.jpg
    DSCF0018.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF0020.jpg
    DSCF0020.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited: