What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need help ID timefuze WWII

timefuze

Hi,

First time I post a question on this fantastic forum...
I just laid my hands on what I think is a British time fuze, used in Operation Antwerp X, Oct 1944-march 1945. It is a 28,5 sec fuze, has no type marking (like "no208" for example on it, which is a 43 sec fuze). It reads WC 3-44. I assume "WC" is the manufacturer code? I have no clue which one. I also assume "3-44" means March 1944? The bottom is empty.
Can someone identify the fuze and the manufacturer, please?

Many thanks,

timefuze

timefuze, Welcome aboard. Great forum here. Sorry if I can't answer your questions, but someone here should be able to. Cheers, Bruce.

Hi Timefuze, do you have a photo of the fuze? If you are able to upload a photo it will make it much easier to give a positive I.d.

Darren

Hi Timefuze, do you have a photo of the fuze? If you are able to upload a photo it will make it much easier to give a positive I.d.

Darren

Hi Daren,

I tried to upload a picture but the thing asked for a URL link. http//www..
How can I upload from my harddisk please?

Timefuze

pictures of fuze

Hi,

I managed to use the FAQ to put 3 pictures of the fuze on this site...
Haleluja!

Regards,

Timefuze

Attachments

• DSCN5188.jpg
    DSCN5188.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN5189.jpg
    DSCN5189.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN5190.jpg
    DSCN5190.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 55
I think that it is a No 208 MT fuze, the 208 would be stamped on the nose cone under the rust.

Darren